• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

San Angel Inn or Teppan Edo

ms.daisy

Earning My Ears
Trying to decide between San Angel Inn or Teppan Edo for my family of 8. My family doesn’t go to Disney often, so I want to provide them with the best Disney experience.

My family has done Hibachi before in NY & they always like the experience. The theming at San Angel Inn does feel unique to Disney. I’ve personally never eaten at either.

It also might come down to whats available, but I want to have an idea if both are.

Thanks in advance!

Teppan Edo is pretty standard Hibachi, though way more overpriced than options outside the bubble. There isn't anything particularly "Disney" about it. To be honest San Angel Inn doesn't have any "Disney" touches to it either. Tables are super close together in a very tight space. I didn't think the food was that bad when I went. I've had worse food in Epcot tbh.

San Angel Inn is way harder to get a reservation for. I've always seen Teppan Edo available day of.

Teppan Edo may be a re-run of your local Teppanyaki experience.

San Angel Inn is more about the atmosphere. It's dark (use your phone to read the menu). Boats go by. Pre-covid, it had the reputation for being crowded because the tables were so close. The last time I dined there, 2022, they had removed about 1/3 of the tables. Plus, I ate at lunch time, so there weren't a lot of other guests dining. The food is more authentically Mexican than Tex-Mex, so it may not appeal to you if you're a fan of Taco Bell.

I haven't been to Teppan Edo but I ate at San Angel Inn a couple months ago for the first time in over 20 years. I booked it fully expecting to just appreciate the nostalgia (plus I love Mexican food) but ended up really liking my food (got the steak tacos) and drinks. The service was great and I'll definitely consider going my next trip!

San Angel Inn. MUCH better themeing and good food.

Teppan Edo is ok, but it is no better than any other local Hibachi place. The environment inside is bland and they pack people in much closer than in the local places around here. That said, the Japan pavilion in general is very well done, so I would plan to spend some time there.

It's been awhile since we did either of those, but the last few times we did Teppan Edo, they used noodles instead of rise for the base. Just not the best hibachi meal we've had, and we visit a local one more than a few times a year.

There are better options at Epcot than both of them in my opinion.

San Angel Inn. I would never take a group to TE over San Angel Inn if the group has already been to a decent hibachi place due to how mediocre TE is (it was downright lousy my last 2 times). San Angel Inn is not quite as expensive, the atmosphere is unique and the food is solid.

If you’ve done hibachi before, I would pick San Angel Inn. The imagineers did a knock-out job on the interior of the Mexico pavilion and it’s so nice to be immersed in that atmosphere while having a meal. The food and service is also very good.

Another vote for San Angel.
It definitely has more Disney vibes…. It’s inside the Mexico pyramid! And you watch a ride go by if you’re by the railing.
Our first meal at SA will be in September this year- can’t wait.
Seems like more people are saying the food is improved from earlier times so 🤞🏻.

Of these two, I would choose San Angel Inn. If you want to throw another option into the mix, consider Biergarten.

Of the 2 restaurants, I’d choose San Angel Inn, but if you’re looking for a fun Disney experience for a party of 8, I’d choose Biergarten. :)
Thanks that was on the radar as well, but a few family members aren't very fond of German food. I do love Biergarten though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter