• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

San Angel Inn or Rose and Crown

Which would be best for lunch?

• San Angel Inn

• Rose and Crown

Results are only viewable after voting.

magicalcouple

Different Not Less
My husband and I are trying to decide which restaurant to choose for lunch? We have been to Rose and Crown for dinner various times and enjoy it. We have never eaten at San Angel, though I would like to just for the experience. Please help!:confused3

I voted for Rose and Crown, simply because I've eaten at both and liked the food at Rose and Crown. However, if I had not eaten at San Angel Inn, I would vote for it so you can have that experience. If I was planning for myself, I would choose the new restaurant hands down, but I love trying all the restaurants at WDW.

We will NEVER go back to San Angel Inn, EVER. The food was horrible, the service was terrible and we all got sick after eating there.

Rose and Crown, hands down. I like the Mexican Pavillion atmosphere a great deal, but I only walk around in there, ride the boat ride, shop. The restaurant has got to have the closest table and chairs I have ever seen anywhere. The people next to us could literally not get out without my 2 sons, getting up, pushing their charis in, and walking away from the table. The Cm's could not easily get food to people without passing it to other people. My son handed a table nest to us their extra chips! You almost touch the person behind you, to the side of you, etc. My husband said he felt like we were in the PATH train station in Hoboken after a concert at Madison Square Garden lets out. I have to sort of agree.

I'll be the minority here: I, personally, didn't care for thr Rose and Crown - I thought the fish was horrible! If you've already been there and would like to try San Angel then, by all means, give something new a try!

I've eaten at both. I love ambience of SAI. Anything I've eaten there is rather spicy so take that into account. The R&C is nice I'm not sorry I ate there but I don't need to revisit it any time soon.

San Angel is beautiful, but I wouldn't go there for a meal. The food is bland (but remember, I'm from Texas). However, I could see going in there for an afternoon break and having chips/salsa, margaritas and enjoying the room.

For an actual meal, though I would go to Rose and Crown hands down. The cheese platter is FANTASTIC!!!

I voted for Rose and Crown, even tho we have never eaten there. The reason I voted this way was because it has to be better than the SAI ! We ate dinner there in Aug (it was our first time eating there, and probably the last !). The atmosphere was just okay, very dark and very loud. It looks nice, but that is about the only good thing we could say about the place. And the night that we were there, the food was average at best. I know many people swear by it, but on this night, it didn't cut it. Good luck !! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter