San Angel Inn Correct Menus - Any Recent Visits?

DisneyFamily123

Use the Force, Luke!
Found links to menus but are very different. What menu items have you seen on recent visits?

Menu on wdwinfo.com. Menu says updated 11/10.

San Angel Inn USA site The menus on this site show many more options for appetizers and entrees.

Appetizer Differences: The menu on wdwinfo site shows only 2 appetizers (tortilla soup and what sounds like a mini-mexican salad). The other site also shows a shrimp cocktail and fried tortillas topped with crab meat....and for dinner, tacos with duck meat and a few more appetizers.

Entree Differences: The lunch and dinner entrees are somewhat similar, but the San Angel Inn USA site shows some additional items that sound nice, including a grouper dish.

Hi,

I had the traditional mexican lunch ( san angel usa site) when I was there on 10th October ( $25 iirc). It was very good!:)

Regards

TBS

Our family likes the counter service option in Mexico better than the San Angel Inn. We won't be eating there again.

Here is the lunch menu from 10/21/11 (posted outside the restaurant).

DSC_0137_1.jpg

Hello Everyone,

We booked San Angel Inn for the lunch Candlelight package because our first choice was not avaliable. We are so undecided as to what to do with this reservation. The menu posted above has things we like. It will cost a little over 80 dollars for us to eat lunch. Is this worth the price or would it be better to wait on line for the Candlelight Processional? Can you order anything off the regular menu or do they give you a special menu to order off of?

Thanks for your advice.

We ate at San Angel Inn twice on our trip in october and the food and service was great.

Portions are a good size and always tasted fresh and well cooked.

One problem we had though was that the menu has reduced somewhat since our previous trips. No Crab Tostada and the deserts have gone very generic still tasty but not typical meixcan as before.

For lunch I would say that $80 is not bad as you do get a good sized portion and the atmosphere is lovely and if you can get a table by the water its quiet even with the boats passing by.

I have no experience of the dinning packages like the candle light one so I can't comment on that.

Here is the lunch menu from 10/21/11 (posted outside the restaurant).

DSC_0137_1.jpg

This menu is different than the lunch one that was up when we were there on 11/13/11. I did not take a picture but I specifically looked at the menu on our way to ride the Three Caballeros ride and at the very least the Traditional Mexican Lunch was different as the entree was fish (which I specifically noticed since I do not eat fish) and the dessert and appetizer (I think) were both also different as well.

I had the Carne Asada for dinner about a month ago. The steak was cooked extremely well so I enjoyed it somewhat, but it had very little flavor. Overall, meh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter