San Angel Inn - any positive reviews?

On our last trip we booked lunch here but was worried because of negitive reviews, but it was one of the best meals we had all week, and we ate at Jikos (because it get such good reviews) and it was the worst food we ate all week--I still get teased for picking Jikos-Our whole party hated it (there were 8 of us). I can't wait to eat here again.:thumbsup2

Yeah, I was not thrilled with Jiko on my last trip. I had really high expectations and it did not meet them at all. On a brighter note, my DH and I LOVE San Angel Inn. We go every trip for our last meal. The food is consistently good and the atmosphere can't be beat. Love twilight in the Mayan temple. -Amanda :cutie:

While I still have time to cancel our reservation, does anyone like this place? It seems like I've only been seeing negative reviews.

Just thought I'd update. Got back yesterday and San Angel Inn was one of the two best restaurants we ate at while there. The setting was great, but the service and food were even more spectacular. Even our four year old loved it. DH asked why we'd never eaten there before. It will now be on our must-do list every time!

Just thought I'd update. Got back yesterday and San Angel Inn was one of the two best restaurants we ate at while there. The setting was great, but the service and food were even more spectacular. Even our four year old loved it. DH asked why we'd never eaten there before. It will now be on our must-do list every time!

Yay! Glad you ended up liking it. That was the same experience I had a few years ago when I went for the first time.

The atmosphere is terrific. The food just so-so... And no cheese dip!!!! Lol. What the heck? That was devastating for my boys who love going to the local Mexican place and eating chips, salsa and cheese dip.

They've got cheese dip (and salsa and guacamole) over at La Cava del Tequila!! Grown ups get a margharita and kiddos get chips n dip :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter