Samsung Galaxy S3

kbheap

Mouseketeer
I am up for renewal on my contract and am in need of a new phone. I currently have an iphone but I've had so much trouble with it that I am just wanting something new. Does anyone have the Samsung Galaxy SIII and give me any reviews? Or have gone from the iphone to samsung? I am asking because this is a huge chunk of money for a new phone and I really don't want to waste it on something that won't be a good, reliable phone. Any input on sturdiness, durability, reception, problems, anything really is greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much!

Yes, I have had an iPhone 3 and a 4S and upgraded to a Galaxy III. I tried it for almost a month, but just didn't like it compared to the iPhone, although the screen is fantastic.

I returned it and got an iPhone 5. It was worth paying the $35 restocking fee to AT&T rather than keeping a phone I just didn't like. I have never had problems with my iPhones.

There are many review of the Samsung online.

i have it i love it the only problem is you cant send video through text message if that matters to you :confused3 i would suggest going to the store & playing with it

Both DD and DS recently upgraded to the S3 and they both love it. DS previously had the S2 and DD had a Blackberry.

Both of them have found it to be very user friendly, really like the size/weight and absolutely love the screen resolution.

I love mine and finally feel like the smart phone fees are worth it. It is fast and easy to use and the screen is amazing. I have had not dropped calls either.

Yes, I have had an iPhone 3 and a 4S and upgraded to a Galaxy III. I tried it for almost a month, but just didn't like it compared to the iPhone, although the screen is fantastic.

I returned it and got an iPhone 5. It was worth paying the $35 restocking fee to AT&T rather than keeping a phone I just didn't like. I have never had problems with my iPhones.

There are many review of the Samsung online.

VERY interesting. DD just went from the iPhone 4 to the Galaxy III, and loves it. She's 14. The salesperson as ATT told us that HALF of the Galaxy's they sell to former iPhone users come back due to their new owners being frustrated. It takes 2-3 more steps to do things that I've seen and I know I would be FRUSTRATED by now. The phone just isn't as intuitive as the iPhone...... It is a pretty phone though......

DD had a Samsung Galaxy (older version). Started out great, but soon crapped out on her....things just weren't working right, missed called, missed texts, all photos were deleted. Brought it into the store and they couldn't do anything about it. She's patiently waiting for an her upgrade and will be getting the iPhone.

Wow! I am surprised to hear the negative reviews from users going from and iphone to the Galaxy Siii. I've read a gazillion reviews online but I knew you guys would be helpful on here!

Thanks all!

DH has the S3 and its a pita! He is on his third one being sent from the company as replacements. It drops calls, it freezes, we hate it. :(

DD had a Samsung Galaxy (older version). Started out great, but soon crapped out on her....things just weren't working right, missed called, missed texts, all photos were deleted. Brought it into the store and they couldn't do anything about it. She's patiently waiting for an her upgrade and will be getting the iPhone.

Both kids have Samsung Galaxy II and they start out good and then go to crap, same problems as above, called Tmobile and had them both replaced for free (1 yr warranty) and they quickly started doing the same thing???

Have you considered a Windows phone? I have the Nokia Lumia and it is great! I have had windows phone for about 3 or 4 yrs and I don't have many problems at all.

I have an s3 and I love it! I don't have any problems with dropped calls or missing texts (but that is more likely your provider than the phone) and I find my phone to be very fast and reliable. Screen is huge and fantastic.

I have an s3 and I love it! I don't have any problems with dropped calls or missing texts (but that is more likely your provider than the phone) and I find my phone to be very fast and reliable. Screen is huge and fantastic.

Who is your provider, if you don't mind me asking? We are currently with AT&T and have a lot of reception and dropped calls now with the iPhone.

it's huge, but not in an awesome way. i find it awkward to talk on and if my ear isn't just right on the phone i can't hear the other person. it feels like i'm holding a book to my head. it doesn't fit in a pocket either. it's fast tho and the wifi calling a nice feature. i like the selection of "relaxing" ringtones it comes with. i don't like that i can't remove some of the pre installed apps that are subscription required for them to work and cost money or take up space an clutter my screens. upside, it's a popular phone so finding cases and extras has not been hard. never had a dropped call or anything but i REALLY miss my flip out keyboard. swipe is stupid and i cannot begin to express how much i hate it and how it garbles 90% of my texts. i spend more time "fixing" things i've typed/swiped than i do actually reading text responses or web pages. i also had to upgrade my sim card to use this new phone so now my sim card(t mobile) doesn't work in my other old phones, forcing me to use this one and only phone. i used to swap my card out into cheaper, older phones that i didn't care about for trips to theme parks or concerts so if i lost or broke it, no big deal.

You can uninstall/ disable any preinstalled apps on Android 4+ (Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean) by long pressing on the icon then moving the icon up to "X Remove" or "More Options" and then pressing Uninstall.

Jel05111, What is taking you longer to do with the Android phone then iphone?
Android likes to leave all options open to users to decide what program/action/ whatever you want to do. So, you might still need to set what actions you want to have performed.

Jel05111, What is taking you longer to do with the Android phone then iphone?
Android likes to leave all options open to users to decide what program/action/ whatever you want to do. So, you might still need to set what actions you want to have performed.

It's not my phone, it's DD's, this all from her... She's happy with it, but it does take her longer to do some things than it did on her iPhone. All I'm saying is she switched from iPhone 4 to this one and she does notice that there is definitely a bigger learning curve to learning the Galaxy vs iPhone.... She has the time to "figure" it out, whereas if it was my phone, I would have already returned it.......

i am due for an updgrade, all my friends have the S111 and love it...however, after much research on the Note 2, thats the bad boy I am holding out for! Should be available next month! :thumbsup2
I am a droid user and have no plans to change to an IPhone :goodvibes

I used to have an iPhone 4s with AT&T but sold it and cancelled the plan to join my bf's plan (TMobile) to save money. I now have the Galaxy S3. The screen is nice. I don't have any problems with calls or anything. I'll admit that I do miss my iPhone though :/ I had one for a while and was comfortable using it. I haven't really tried to learn more about my S3. Hopefully it'll win me over.

It really depends on what you like to do with your phone???

I work for a cellphone Carrier and have people everyday who want both phones and ask which one is better. My response is what do you like about your current phone and what would you like to do that you can't currently?

The Galaxy SIII and the Iphone 4s/5 are both great phones. Personally I own an Iphone and I cannot wait to get the SIII (both of which I "play" with on a regular basis). They both are quick LTE, great camaras, sleek, and have a huge app store. I like the SIII more because I can customize my phone to work how I want it to. I like to have my calander on my screen and sticky notes to remind me to do things which are widgets (that you dont have on iphone). The iphone does tend to have a longer battery life but I charge any phone I have every night anyway.

Do you already love your iphone? Go to the store and "play" with the SIII and see if it does the same things that your iphone does (which is most cases it does the same if not more). As a sales associate I wouldnt try and talk you out of an iphone if you already have one because its something you already know how to use and are comfortable with.

I dont know if that helps at all :confused3 I kind ran off on a tangent.

Good luck whatever you choose...

P.S. Dropped calls/text issues can also be a SIM card

Who is your provider, if you don't mind me asking? We are currently with AT&T and have a lot of reception and dropped calls now with the iPhone.

We use Verizon. Never a problem with my iPhone, just the Samsung.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter