Sams Club reward dollars

totallytigger

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if I could use my Sams Club reward dollars towards the purchase of Disney gift cards?

Not to take the thread off track, but what are SAMs club rewards dollars?

If you cashed out a couponing app or swag bucks for a SAMs gift card I've read that you can buy Disney GCs with them. I've not tried it myself - I cash out for Walmart cards that I use for groceries & then do cash back in the same amount of the gift card so the transaction "feels the same" to my budget but I have cash for our trip savings. I've considered doing this @ SAMs and getting Disney gift cards in the same $ as the SAMs grocery trip since the cards are slightly discounted, but I like having cash in case I want / need to *gasp* use it for other things besides WDW trips.

I went to Sams Club yesterday and when checking out I was asked if I wanted to use my reward dollars for my purchase. I had $50 and my purchase was for $21--so I guess I have $29 left. I'm not sure how I earned them--but I don't question freebies either.

I don't see why not. At least, I'd try it. I was at Sam's Club on Monday, and they said I had $80 in rewards that I just applied towards my purchase. I wasn't getting any gift cards, though.

Sams Club Plus members get rewards dollars. For every $500 you spend at Sams you get $10 worth of rewards dollars. You can redeem these towards purchases 2 months before your membership expires. I don't think there's any reason why you couldn't use them towards a gift card.

Yes! I was told by the cashier I had $30, so I didn't use it on that purchase. Instead I went to Customer Service and asks about the gift cards. The lady told me I could use it towards what ever I wanted or could just take it as cash. SO I bought $150 worth of Disney Gift Cards for $120!

Does anyone know if I could use my Sams Club reward dollars towards the purchase of Disney gift cards?
Yes you can. I did this in July! It was like getting $200 worth of Disney money for free! I did the purchase online and it will give you the option to apply your rewards dollars.

Yes you can. I did this in July! It was like getting $200 worth of Disney money for free! I did the purchase online and it will give you the option to apply your rewards dollars.

Good to know! Sadly, I don't have a Disney trip planned for the foreseeable future, but this is a great way to parlay "found" money into a vacation bonus!

Yep, as others have said, you can do this. I've done it before also.

Just keep in mind, it's not exactly 'free'. You pay extra for a PLUS membership. A normal membership is $45 and a PLUS membership is $100. So it costs an additional $55 for the right to earn rewards. I had $100 in rewards this year so it was worth it to me, but for some people it won't be, unless of course you use/value the other aspects of the PLUS membership.

If you watch Groupon in Jan usually has the Plus membership for $45 plus a bunch of add on's like free tray of cookie, free rotisserie chicken. By the time you take advantage of the add ons the membership is $20. We have been doing this for past 2 yrs.

Were you able to renew w the groupon or did you have to open up a new membership? And I thought it was $10 for every $500 spent on the credit card, not just spent at Sams.

There was just a groupon, I think it was $20 for a regular, 15-month membership. It was for new members only, so I didn't look too closely.

I have the credit card, but only use it at Sam's. Also, the Plus membership is worth it to me, just for the earlier shopping hours. I'm a morning person anyway, and the Sam's location isn't very convenient--traffic gets heavy later in the day. YMMV, of course.

P.S. My DS10 came home with one of those coupon books that the PTA is selling. It had $20 off a new Sam's membership, $10 off a renewal. It's worth taking a look, if you have those books available to you.

There was just a groupon, I think it was $20 for a regular, 15-month membership. It was for new members only, so I didn't look too closely.

I have the credit card, but only use it at Sam's. Also, the Plus membership is worth it to me, just for the earlier shopping hours. I'm a morning person anyway, and the Sam's location isn't very convenient--traffic gets heavy later in the day. YMMV, of course.

P.S. My DS10 came home with one of those coupon books that the PTA is selling. It had $20 off a new Sam's membership, $10 off a renewal. It's worth taking a look, if you have those books available to you.
All you have to is switch the persons name that the membership is in. For example one year we have it listed under my husband name with me as an associate then next year I am the primary and he is the associate.

Were you able to renew w the groupon or did you have to open up a new membership? And I thought it was $10 for every $500 spent on the credit card, not just spent at Sams.

The rewards are based on money spent at Sam's, not on their credit card. I don't have their CC and I earn rewards.
I've never done the Groupon offer either because it was for new members. Never really thought about the name switch trick.
My husband renews through his employer and they usually offer us a $20 gift card for renewing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter