Sam's Club Disney Gift Cards

Disneylover03

Mouseketeer
So i'm thinking of getting Disney gift cards for our January trip and was trying to find a deal on them. I do not have a target redcard and don't want one so the next best deal I'm finding is $150 Disney Gift card for $143 and thought if I buy $600 worth of GC I can almost get $30 free since the total would be $572.
My question is this: since they are $50 GC can I take all of them once I check in to put on my magic band or can I add them on MDE?
Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

So i'm thinking of getting Disney gift cards for our January trip and was trying to find a deal on them. I do not have a target redcard and don't want one so the next best deal I'm finding is $150 Disney Gift card for $143 and thought if I buy $600 worth of GC I can almost get $30 free since the total would be $572.
My question is this: since they are $50 GC can I take all of them once I check in to put on my magic band or can I add them on MDE?
Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving to all!
No and no. You can combine up to $1000 onto one gift card via their website disneygiftcard.com (which is a great place to check the balances and make sure all of the cards have been activated anyway) so you don't have to carry a bunch of GCs. Once onsite you can use your MB for charging and then pay off the balance at the front desk say every evening or every couple days, they don't allow you to run a "credit" with the gift card. A bit convoluted but it's what I did my last trip & it worked just fine. I stopped by the front desk each evening with my GC and paid the balance outstanding on my account.

And Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

For a January trip the Sams Club route is probably the best regardless of having a red card or not. At the current time, the Red card option would work best for mid February or later without worrying about shipping times.

What I wanted to point out is that there are two different Target Red Cards available. One is a debit card, one is a credit card. The debit card just requires a checking account, it has no effect on your credit rating as it isn't a credit card. If your reason for not wanting a red card is that you don't want yet another store credit account, that may be a solution for the future. If you just don't want to give more information about you, that is understandable.

It's already been answered, but just to confirm-
Several different trips, all different resorts, I have charged to the room via magic band, then went to the concierge the last night to pay off the balance with gift card with no problem what so ever. Most recent trip (3 weeks ago), we used gift cards after the first two nights, since we racked up quite the bill at food and wine festival. Once you reach a predetermined limit (varies based on the hotel level you are staying in $500-$1500), they will automatically charge your credit card.

Thanks for the replies! I think we may just take the gift cards with us and use them as we go instead of having to stop at concierge and mess with that.
I wonder if CyberMonday will bring any good deals on the gift cards anywhere else? Hmm....

I've done it several ways, and just taking the gift cards with me a few a day until used is much easier to me than having to go pay it off later.

I did Sam's gift cards for our upcoming trip. I did not combine them first on the website. I have saved all of them so that if the highly unlikely event occurs where I get a refund, I have them, because the balances will go back to each card. Also, in October, I made a quick trip with my son and stayed 2 nights on site. I did not get by there on the last night, but the morning I left, they were happy to reverse the charges to my credit card and charge my gift cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter