sample itineraries

txgirl

DIS Veteran
I am planning our first trip ever (me,husband, dd-10, dd-8, ds-2). Seriously, this board has powers, crazy mind powers that draw me here every free moment I get!!! :earseek: We have made resort reservations for POR, 7 nights but have not purchased park tickets yet (our trip is not until 8/28). What I was wondering was if I get see as many sample trip itineraries as possible. Preferrably those with a little tyke, working in a nap. I see lots of people say leave at lunch, and come back later in the evening. I also see lots of people say eat your big meal for lunch or late lunch. What are these people eating for dinner? It would help me understand "a real day at Disney" if I could see it broken down. :teeth: The planning for this trip is just about the most fun thing I've done in a really long time!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I dont have kids. But I usually have lunch at the park that I go to in the morning. Then return to the hotel in the late afternoon, shower, and get ready to go out to dinner at either a different park or the same park. Sometimes I leave the park in the earlier afternoon and relax at the hotel pool for a bit.

I posted my intenerary here But I dont know if it is what you are looking for.

I can show you mine if you like. PM me and I'll send it to you via a Word file. We don't take breaks at all. I know a lot of people do, but that's precious time wasted and my DD is 9 years old too and she doesn't require a nap or a break. :)

Our last trip was may of 04. DD was not quite 2 and DS was 4. For our family this worked well: Breakfast: we ate in our room, things I bought during our grocery stop with Tiffany towncar. Then we usually arrived at the parks between 9 and 10am (except for the day of the emh for AK- as this was a priority to ride the Safari in the early am)
Our family loves the fireworks shows so we would power through the afternoon and stay till then. In other words when my DD needed a nap it happened in her stroller usually while in line for an attraction. She has always been a cat napper though. There is just too much time consumed by getting in and out of the parks and back to our hotel. We have tried going back to the resort for breaks and found that sleeping in a little later is better and gives us more park time. There are lots of things to do at the parks that give you a little "break"_ the shows at all the parks or strolling around the tree of life at ak, there's tons more! As for lunch we had ps's for character breakfasts at the last possible seating(like 10:45 or 11) and found it to be less crowded and justified the price since it was really lunch. Then we would have a light counter service dinner wherever we were. But I found the humidity caused my appetite to vanish until I got back to room and the air conditioning.

Bottom line is have fun and be flexible. Try for one Ps every day or every other day. If your kids are done for the day, they are done and just go back to the hotel and plan for the next day. You know a kid is tired when he wants to leave Disney!
Oh - our family likes the parades too, I make sure we make these and if you get a good seat, hey it's a break!
Have fun!

I too can send you my just completed itinerary for our upcoming trip. We always return to our room for an afternoon rest break. Just PM me and I will send it to you in a Word file.

I appreciate all your help so far! I think my DH thinks this is extreme. Being first-timers, he is a bit suspicious of these boards. Any suggestions? I've sort of kept my "habit" a secret, but now with the e-mails and downloads I have been found out! :earseek:

If you want to see some more, send me a pm. We are HUGE fans of the afternoon break as we have two young kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter