Sammy Duvall's - (Humiliating) Parasailing Video

One question - so you never are IN the water? they just pull you right down onto the boat. I'm not much of a swimmer and the thought of being drug through the water (like water skiing) has been my fear. LOL

No, you do not get wet on your flight, although I have seen reports on this board of occasionally someone being "dunked" at the end of the flight at the specific request of a member of the party on the boat. Considering the number of flights that they have done it is likely that there have been a few incidents of people touching the water when they were being retrieved but it is definitely not standard procedure.

You can also do water skiing, wake boarding and tubing there so there is no real health concerns with getting wet in Bay Lake.

jw50 thank you so much for all the info and the link. This will be a great surprise for the kids! This is why I am so glad I found these boards. Thanks again.

cigar95 said:
Was this shot with a helmet-cam? Or somehow mounted on the structure itself? I'm going to guess you weren't holding the camera yourself!

And is it supplied by Sammy Duvall, or did you have to bring your own?

All those years of renting the boats on Bay Lake, maybe it's time to step up.

thanks.

Lol no I was holding my own Flip video camera (for dear life... and I had the strap wrapped and tied around my wrist, so it wasn't going anywhere.). They don't supply cameras but they have a package you can get where they'll take still photos of you from the boat and give you the SD card at the end to take home.

jw50 said:
No, you do not get wet on your flight, although I have seen reports on this board of occasionally someone being "dunked" at the end of the flight at the specific request of a member of the party on the boat. Considering the number of flights that they have done it is likely that there have been a few incidents of people touching the water when they were being retrieved but it is definitely not standard procedure.

You can also do water skiing, wake boarding and tubing there so there is no real health concerns with getting wet in Bay Lake.

And you're wearing a life vest just in case.

larryz said:
Very amusing self-commentary. I particularly like how you cataloged all the various noises you made.

HAHA I never knew I could make such sounds.... :)

That is soooo cool! We did parasailing at a lake in Wisconsin about 15 yrs ago, but it is on my "bucket list" to do parasailing at Disney World. So will try to make that happen during one of our visits this year.
You did a great job on the video ... Yee Haaa:thumbsup2

You should do it, especially since you've done it somewhere else before! I wish we would have been facing the MK- the way the wind took us up, our backs were to it.

I have always thought that maybe I would do that some day.

Your video convinced me that that will never happen.
All I could do was watch the little knot keeping you connected to the boat:scared1:

I have a very similar video except that I was by myself. My husband teases me, but this was honestly TERRIFYING for me. I HATED it. HATED. I laugh now, but seriously, all I wanted to do was come down. Having said that, EVERYONE else I know that's done it has LOVED it. My husband says it's "relaxing". HA!

I have always thought that maybe I would do that some day.

Your video convinced me that that will never happen.
All I could do was watch the little knot keeping you connected to the boat:scared1:

I've gotta tell ya- I didn't even NOTICE the knot until I saw the video and photos. Luckily DH didn't say anything about it until we were safely back at POP and we were looking at the photos we got on the computer. He said "so, you know, I don't know how they do it, but that little knot was doing a very big job!" :rotfl: I'm SO glad he didn't say anything about it while we were up there. The way we were seated, the knot was right in his line of vision since he was up a little higher (his knees were in the small of my back.... aka my kindeys :p). I was more focused on gripping that yellow strap that we were told to hang on to. :rotfl2:

I have a very similar video except that I was by myself. My husband teases me, but this was honestly TERRIFYING for me. I HATED it. HATED. I laugh now, but seriously, all I wanted to do was come down. Having said that, EVERYONE else I know that's done it has LOVED it. My husband says it's "relaxing". HA!

I'm with you! :thumbsup2 :scared: :rotfl2:

While at Sammy Duevalls did you notice anyone using the personal watercraft ( jet skis)? I keep reading about the lakes and worry about the water.

While at Sammy Duevalls did you notice anyone using the personal watercraft ( jet skis)? I keep reading about the lakes and worry about the water.

We didn't see anyone on jet skis or those little skidoo things. But there were people in little two seater boats... I think they're called Sea Racers or something like that. These I don't think are managed by Sammy Duvall since that's not an option listed on their website. They might be reserved like you do for Illuminations or Wishes cruises, which is through calling the Disney reservation center.

Personally, I'd stay out of the dam lakes. :thumbsup2

I'm glad you survived. No.Way.In.Hell.Would.I.Do.That.

I don't think that the height would be a problem (although heights make my knees go weak) since I'd be strapped in. But, it just doesn't look... well, fun. More like one of those things that you do right after you hand your beer to a friend and say, "Hey, y'all! Watch this!"

I actually think that it looks like fun but no way would I do it. It's all about the height for me.

I simply have to live vicariously through people that have the nerve. I'll never do this or ride in a hot air balloon. I have trouble on ToT and it's a quick ride! Kudos to you and thanks for sharing.

Just watching your video brought back the sheer terror I was in the entire time we did this. I wanted down as soon as we were up but I was ok as long as they weren't turning. I managed to get them to bring us down a couple mins early. I wanted down much earlier than that but my DH kept telling them that I wasn't scissor kicking...grrrrr

I went up with my 6yr old and made plenty of the same sounds you did OP! I have nail marks in my hands from my fists clenching while watching the video. I think I'm traumatized for life. Everyone else loved it too.

I actually think that it looks like fun but no way would I do it. It's all about the height for me.

I simply have to live vicariously through people that have the nerve. I'll never do this or ride in a hot air balloon. I have trouble on ToT and it's a quick ride! Kudos to you and thanks for sharing.

LOL well believe me, I'm not brave. I didn't realize how HIGH we were actually going to be, and I thought it would just be smooth, no moving at all. :sad2: :lmao: If I had known, I would have sent DH up on his own and I would have hung out on the boat. Ah well, it makes for an amusing video at least....ha.

Maybe I am brave for not immediately scissor kicking (that's the boat's sign for GET ME DOWN NOW!) as soon as we got up there. I did it for DH- it wasn't cheap, and he really wanted to do it, so I stuck it out. But holy mother of Moses.... one time was plenty for me!! :thumbsup2

Your hubby is a very lucky guy to have a wife with such a good sense of humor about this. :thumbsup2

I don't even remember them saying anything about a scissors kick if you wanted down early, of course that would have been difficult for me to do since my legs were outside my wife, she probably wouldn't have been thrilled to have my knees in her back.

BTW, your TOT video is great too.

I loved it when I went in the Caribbean, but a couple of years ago we were on the boat leaving Wilderness Lodge when we saw someone and the parachute drop straight down from a ways up there, very scary. All the boats responded quickly and we never found out how the person was. I'll never go again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter