• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Samantha and Wes's Magical Disney Escape 08.09.10 - Last thoughts about our Trip!

I really like everything you bought for the invitations! You will deff. have to post a picture of one when it is complete. I like the idea of doing your own. I also plan on doing a lot of my own stuff. It is cheaper and fun!

You are so organized! Congrats on engagement...it's hard when you are not close with DF family...I have the same issue....your attitude of c'est la vie is the best to have because we can't do anything to change them. It is definitely frustrating and difficult at times thought, I know first hand.

I look forward to following your progress! Happy new year!!

I really like everything you bought for the invitations! You will deff. have to post a picture of one when it is complete. I like the idea of doing your own. I also plan on doing a lot of my own stuff. It is cheaper and fun!

You are so organized! Congrats on engagement...it's hard when you are not close with DF family...I have the same issue....your attitude of c'est la vie is the best to have because we can't do anything to change them. It is definitely frustrating and difficult at times thought, I know first hand.

I look forward to following your progress! Happy new year!!

Thanks you guys! I am nervous about making the stuff as I feel I have a really good eye for picking stuff out but the actual artistic stuff...:scared1: Not so great. Hopefully they turn out ok. Thanks for posting.

No real updates as I am waiting to hear from Disney after the Holidays for my planner. I want to let them know I'm also going to have Randy photographing the wedding (hopefully) before I book Randy.

I received a call just before Christmas from the LeJeunes so they are definate for hair and makeup for my sister and me and I'll have to send them a deposit in the first few weeks of the New Year:scared1: (where did my money go???)

We have sent a deposit to Ron Rosenzweig for the ceremony with a hopeful change to his standard ceremony. So that's mostly paid for. I got an email from him today confirming he had received the money order. Which is good as I had forgotten to keep my part of the money order :headache: and if it got lost we wouldn't be able to trace it... well at least I'm pretty right?:laughing:

Now to hit the gym before the wedding dress store opens in about a week so the dress looks even better :goodvibes

I just had to post because I FINALLY figured out how to put my PJ in my siggy... yeah and again with the pretty.

I was bored at work so I thought I'd post a little about us as I realize everyone else has. Whoops too excited about planning to tell about the people :rolleyes1

I'm 24 and DF is 29 (30 in Feb). We met in Ottawa where we were both going to college, he is from the Niagra falls area (or that's where he did most of his growing up) and I'm born and raised in Ottawa. We had to volunteer at a function for one of our classes so we were helping pass out a toast for a theater's anniversary and went out for drinks after.

He asked my friend Sam (yes I know) for my number but as he was exiting a turbulent relationship at the time she wouldn't give it to him. The next semester we had ALL of our classes together so we started hanging out and then dating. We moved across the country and in together about 7 months later and have been together in calgary ever since!

And now for the porposal...

We were going to spend a long weekend in Wistler and Vancouver and the day before we were leaving I checked our (joint) credit card to make sure it was all paid off before we left. I started freaking out as there was a charge from a jewlery store I hadn't been to in almost a year on the card. He pulled me aside (we were both at work - we worked together at the time) and told me I had ruined the surprise and pulled out a ring box. :rolleyes1

Yeah;) I don't think I'm going to have many surprises... but maybe he'll surprise me!

I had been looking into Disney Weddings for a while before we were actually engaged. Once we were engaged we started talking about locations and we were thinking about a Vegas wedding (as the hotel that I work for also runs the Planet Hollywood resort there) and I said hey then we can honeymoon in Disneyland, but you know it's small so then maybe we can go to Disney World for the rest of the honeymoon. Then DF utteres the words that made my dream come true, "why don't we jsut get married at disney world".

Done! and the rest is history, or at least my PJ.

Your engagement story sounds like something I would pull, I completley contol DF's money! lol. I pay all his bills and always know his account balances! I know it's a little overbearing, but he's a little shall we say irresponsible with money. Dinner at Victoria and Albert's sounds so nice. I haven't came across any other disbrides doing that after. Will you and your guests just be having dinner, or will there be dancing, cake, etc.? Can't wait to here more!

Congratulations from a fellow Canadian bride :) I was really excited when you posted on my pj about you being another V&A bride...I can assure you after the meeting that I had with them that your evening will be absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to hear more about your plans!

Congratulations from a fellow Canadian bride :) I was really excited when you posted on my pj about you being another V&A bride...I can assure you after the meeting that I had with them that your evening will be absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to hear more about your plans!

Thanks! Your plans look beautiful as well. I believe we will be doing the Chef's Table at V&As now as neither of my grandmothers are going to make it. Have you been to the Chef's Table before?

Your engagement story sounds like something I would pull, I completley contol DF's money! lol. I pay all his bills and always know his account balances! I know it's a little overbearing, but he's a little shall we say irresponsible with money. Dinner at Victoria and Albert's sounds so nice. I haven't came across any other disbrides doing that after. Will you and your guests just be having dinner, or will there be dancing, cake, etc.? Can't wait to here more!

:laughing:He did not have any credit or savings when he met me. Now he has both... mostly because I take after my mother who is a financial advisor.

I haven't, but I have heard really good things from people who have. From what I have heard you get even more food than you do in the dining room. While that much food should be a bad thing, it just isn't at v&a....it all tastes way too amazing.

I haven't, but I have heard really good things from people who have. From what I have heard you get even more food than you do in the dining room. While that much food should be a bad thing, it just isn't at v&a....it all tastes way too amazing.

Lovely, I'm soo looking forward to seeing what they come up with. :woohoo:

I have a co-odinator! (I have a little song and dance that goes like this -------> :banana:) and now back to your regularly scheduled homework :sick:

I finished my invitations Wednesday night and I have been crazy busy with school and work ever since. When I get home tonight I am going to take pictures of them to post. I am really happy with them. I'm just not sure if I should add the sparkly bits to the end of all of the lines of text.

You guys will have to let me know what you think after I post them.

Here are my finished invites

ChristmasParty041.jpg

ChristmasParty040.jpg

ChristmasParty038.jpg

ChristmasParty037.jpg

ChristmasParty036.jpg

OMG I love those shoes!
Thanks! Unfortunately you can't have them. I got the last pair froM ALDO in silver and my sister decided to get them in black to go with her dress and she got the last pair in black... their not even on the website anymore. Plus they were clearance so I got them for half price :cool1:

Lol that's ok...I'm too tall for heels on our wedding dress, it makes my dress too short. They are killer anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter