• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Salute the Troops Military Discount question

anneboleyn

DIS Veteran
Hi there, gang! I have a question that I was hoping someone here could help me with.

I will be going to Disney World in October, and I wanted to apply the Military Discount but as of now, it is only available until October 3rd. I will be going after this. Does anyone know if and when they usually add additional dates for this discount? I'm not sure how it's been done in the past...I was hoping maybe someone has seen them add additional dates towards the end of the summer or something like that :)

I called WDW and spoke to a cast member and their only advice was to "keep watching the website." I will gladly keep watching the website, but I just thought it might be worth to see if any of you lovely people know any additional information.

Thanks so much for your help!!

Last year they announced the 2014-2015 Salute program in July and tickets went on sale at the end of August/early September (just barely in time for us to get tickets and link them to MDE to make FP+ reservations for an early November onsite trip).

Steve @ Military Disney Tips (google it) keeps in contact with Disney and has talked with them throughout the year about the release of the new Salute, hoping to have the timing work out better than it did last year. There's been no announcement yet, but he will update his website and send out an e-mail (if you sign up for the e-mail list) when the announcement goes public.

HTH!

As previously posted, keep an eye on Military Disney Tips. It usually gets announced mid/late July. Also, if you haven't picked a resort yet/are on a budget, check out shades of green! It's a DoD resort walking distance from the poly, on Disney property. Actually took me awhile to learn about it, so just throwing it out there!

Welcome to the club. I keep looking for something. I already have a room booked at POR for Dec but I really am hoping to see what kind of deal can I get for Wilderness. Which of course those tickets would really save us a bunch of money even if it just DH and I going.

Thank you so much, everyone! I will sign up for the Military Disney Tips email list so that I can be notified. That helps a ton, Ariel Angel :)

And thanks for the tip, Iceskating Princess! I have a room booked at Pop Century but I am considering switching to Shades of Green.

Margot31, if the room discount is 30% or 35%, I think you would get a room at Wilderness for very close for what you are paying now for POR!

I second the Shades of Green recommendation! It is a fantastic resort, and walking to Poly to get the monorail is so convenient. The rooms are huge, it's nice and quiet (and both pools have recently been renovated). We've loved our trips there :)

Thank you so much, everyone! I will sign up for the Military Disney Tips email list so that I can be notified. That helps a ton, Ariel Angel :)

And thanks for the tip, Iceskating Princess! I have a room booked at Pop Century but I am considering switching to Shades of Green.

Margot31, if the room discount is 30% or 35%, I think you would get a room at Wilderness for very close for what you are paying now for POR!

I'd do shades over Pop, personally (&I like pop!). The ability to walk to the monorail is just awesome.

Side note, the discounts tend to be 30% on values, 35% on mods, and 40% on deluxes with the AFS, so @margot31 I'd plan on 40% off rack rate if it gets renewed.

WE LOVE shades too. We always walk to the Poly. We can grab snacks or a quick meal at their CS on the way to or from the parks. SOG is quiet and the rooms ARE HUGE. I would pick SOG over POP any day.

I'd do shades over Pop, personally (&I like pop!). The ability to walk to the monorail is just awesome.

Side note, the discounts tend to be 30% on values, 35% on mods, and 40% on deluxes with the AFS, so @margot31 I'd plan on 40% off rack rate if it gets renewed.
I've stayed at Shades twice, our first Pop adventure is this Nov-Dec...but at Shades, the little shop inside is AMAZING for snagging souvenirs etc. It's tax free and often a lot cheaper merch for the same things as in the parks...just my thrifty side coming out ;) Also, rooms are WAY bigger

I see Luv2Run has already updated you on the extension :)

I am waiting on and keeping my FX that there will be a Salute for 2017 when our next trip is. We loved staying at SoG, but for this next trip we are going to try POR bc we want to do the DDP. And with the salute discount the prices are comparable.

Hoping they extend into 2016, we have AP but would love that awesome room discount.

There is a new update for 2016 ..

Disney Armed Forces Salute

Disney will be making their official press release at about the same time that I am.

The currently running Disney Armed Forces Salute is an entirely separate offer which will continue to run through 20(tickets)/23(rooms) December 2015.

Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Discounts

Walt Disney World Armed Forces Salute 2016 Ticket Prices
  • Four-Day Park Hopper Ticket for $196.00
  • Four-Day Water Park and More Ticket for $196.00
  • Four-Day Park Hopper Ticket plus the Water Park and More Option for $230.00
Disneyland Armed Forces Salute 2016 Ticket Prices
  • Four-Day Park Hopper Ticket for $143.00
Qualified individuals may purchase up to a maximum of 12 theme park tickets during the 2014-2015 Salute offer period and 6* theme park tickets during the 2016 Salute offer period.

* For families larger than 6, Disney states "Exceptions should be made for immediate families larger than six people." For example, if a family has five children, Disney will allow all members of the family to purchase Disney Military Promotion Tickets, for Mom, Dad, and the five kids.

Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discounts

The military discount percentage on Disney resort rooms remains the same 30-40% based on room category.

The Disney Phone Reservations Center is supposed to be ready today at 3PM eastern to begin accepting Military Salute reservations for dates 3 January through 13 December 2016 at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland.

But as has happened in the past, you might be more in the know than the individual cast member that you are speaking to.

If the cast member on the phone mistakenly tells you that the Salute has not been extended (this has happened in the past), Do Not Hang Up! You’ll just have to start over.

Be polite but insistent that Yes It Has Been Extended and ask them to check with their supervision.

There will be a big volume of people trying this evening and through the rest of the week to get their military discount dates and you do not want to slow the process down!

woot woot!!! Salute 2016 has been announced, now that means I only have to wait a year until FX 2017 is announced :cheer2:

Hello, Does anyone know if you are able to upgrade these tickets to add more days. If so, how is the pricing worked out for the upgrade. Thanks

This is the info I found on Steve's site
http://www.militarydisneytips.com/Disney-Armed-Forces-Salute.html

Disney World 2016 Armed Forces Salute Prices (3 January through 19 December 2016)

• Four-Day Park Hopper Tickets for $196.00
  • Four-Day Water Park and More Tickets for $196.00
  • Four-Day Park Hopper Tickets plus the Water Park and More Option for $230.00
These tickets can be purchased at Shades of Green, your local Base Ticket Office, or Disney Theme Park ticket booths (Sales tax will be added at Disney World ticket booths).

The last day for purchase or upgrade of WDW tickets is: 17 December 2015 (2014-2015 Offer) and 16 December 2016 (2016 Offer)

If you purchade only the Hopper or Water Park Fun and More options, you may add on the other option on later for the price difference of the ticket with both options ($34) plus tax.

You may also upgrade any Disney Armed Forces Salute ticket to an annual or seasonal pass for the price differance between the SAlute price and the full price pass plus tax..

Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets purchased from Disney or Base Ticket Offices must be upgraded at a Disney World ticket or Guest Relations window.

I'm not sure about upgrading to add extra days to the 4 day AFS ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter