Salt bagels in Atlanta area?

JDiva02

Earning My Ears
There are so many great things and topics on this board I thought I would throw this out..

Does anybody know where to get a salt bagel in the Atlanta area? I used to get them when I lived in Jacksonville, and on a couple of trips I found them in Boston but have not located any in Atlanta. I've been having serious cravings. I live in Lawrenceville and work in Buckhead, so I can pretty much hit almost any area.

thanks for any help.

Lee

I've never heard of a salt bagel. :confused3

However, Goldberg's Deli on the corner of Northside and W. Paces Ferry has a huge selection of bagels, and they are supposed to be a New York style deli, so you might try there.

I LOVE salt bagels!!!!!!!!!!! They don't always have them here, but it's one of the occasional (or specialty) bagels that they have. They have my number and call me whenever they do a batch and I go pick up a half dozen. This is one of those places where I leave a tip in the tip jar :) You might want to check with the local bagel shops and ask if they occasionally do them, and if so, can you get a heads up.

Ok, I can't think of the name of the place, but I can give you the location. I discovered this place when my DDs were at a drama camp at the Applause for Kids theatre a couple of summers ago. I'm originally from NY and these were some of the best bagels I've had in a really loooooooooong time!:rotfl2:

There's an actual Jewish Deli/Bagel shop on Roswell Rd in Buckhead. It's in the shopping center on the corner of Roswell Rd and West Wieuca. I haven't been there in awhile. Fellini's sits on one corner and an Arby's on the other. The strip mall that the deli/bagel shop is in sits behind the Arby's.

Hope this helps.
Mary

Einstein Brothers.

And Sunny's Bagels on Barrett Parkway in Marietta in front of Town Center Mall.

I got them! Mary--the deli you described was Goldberg's which CheshireVal had named. It is a 10 minute drive from my office, so I had the perfect lunch--a toasted salt bagel and cream cheese.

ChesireVal--salt bagels are plain bagels that have a crust of kosher salt on the top and bottom. They are chewy, crunchy and salty all together, and heaven toasted with cream cheese. I'm sure they are not the best thing in the world for you, and I make sure I drink extra water after eating one, but I do love them.

thanks to all

Lee

Glad you got them!!!! now for all you Florida people - where can I get salt bagels when I'm visiting Disney????

Glad I could help!:thumbsup2

I may have to make a special trip over there now. Einstein bagels are just not the same.:rotfl2:

Mary

Well, maybe I'll have to head to Goldberg's and try one of these things out for myself! They sound pretty good. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter