• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Salon Taster Special??

Mom2Kaylee

DCL, DVC, & WDW Addict
Has anyone does this? I'm thinking of doing the max. 8 services for $139 but want to know about how long it will last? Are the massages at least 20 mins each? Any input on this package would be great! Thanks!!

I did it once...it is a great way to have a little treat. This is not always available (or at least it didn't use to be). It was one of those things that was made available when regular appointments weren't filling up.

Yes, the massages are 20 minutes, and they tend to be a little generous with the time.

I did it once...it is a great way to have a little treat. This is not always available (or at least it didn't use to be). It was one of those things that was made available when regular appointments weren't filling up.

Yes, the massages are 20 minutes, and they tend to be a little generous with the time.

Awesome! I will definitely do this then! Hopefully they will offer this on the next sailing since our cruise seems empty!!

Do you remember how long the whole thing took? I'm assuming like 2 hours right?

I can't recall how long it took, but it was AMAZING. They also let me do like double time on one of the choices and not do one of the others. I was so relaxed that I was falling asleep.

that my dear husband bought it for me as a birthday gift. But, let me say that my dear husband prepaid the tip and only tipped $10. I was very embarrassed but knew I would tip more at the end. Well, when I came into the salon, I had a bit of a wait. One woman came in and said that she would be with me in a minute. She never came back. About 10 minutes later, another woman came and said that she would give me the treatments. She was sorry but they had a mix-up. We went into a treatment room where they give the whitening treatments. Not sure if that's the same room where they give the salon tester treatments.

The whole treatment lasted about an hour. I know she had skipped one of the treatments because when I went back to look at what was supposed to be given, I know that I thought to myself, "Wow, I didn't receive that!". It was relaxing and the woman was very nice. She put an oil into my hair and I actually had to go and shower right after because my hair was very oily. It did make it softer, though.

In the end, I was a bit disappointed because I thought they were disappointed with the initial tip. I then tipped an extra 20, lol. I just felt bad.

at the time, I thought I didn't receive the eye collagen treatment. But, I'm guessing she did that while doing the facial.

scalp massage, European facial, hand treatment, sun-glow makeover (which is just a bronzer that is swept over your face), hair treatment, eye collagen treatment, foot and ankle massage and neck and shoulder massage.

I kind of remember this special being offered on the days at Castaway Cay. We were on a double dip.

How did you find out about it? Was it in the Navigator? Or did you have to go to the Spa?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter