Saling date disappeared...

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
Good morning,

This morning I went online to see what kind of room was still available in case I wanted to upgrade category... But then I noticed our sailing date wasn't there anymore.

Does that mean that the cruise is completely sold out? Or is it just an error in the system?

Thanks in advance!

Could be any number of things -- DCL website issues, no availability for the # people/ages you put in, DCL pulled cruise temporarily for business reasons, it is actually sold out (unless it is a peak sailing date/itinerary, this is usually the least likely).

What is the sailing date? That could help...

If you are sailing very soon -- like within the next 3 days -- DCL pulls it from the website. One can still book or upgrade, but you need to call to do so.

If your sail date is further out... PPs have covered the likely scenarios. I suggest checking back in a couple of hours or tomorrow to see if it's back online.

Enjoy your cruise!

If your ticker is accurate your cruise is around the time mine is. I can't see my cruise on the website but my travel agent could. She let me know that there was some availablity to upgrade but port upgrades are likely to be non existent. Spring Break is a pretty busy time both at WDW and DCL.

Given that there is a post where someone sailing concierge on your cruise was notified that Palo brunch wasn't happening on that cruise, I think it's safe to say the CRUISE is...just not Palo brunch.

If your ticker is accurate your cruise is around the time mine is. I can't see my cruise on the website but my travel agent could. She let me know that there was some availablity to upgrade but port upgrades are likely to be non existent. Spring Break is a pretty busy time both at WDW and DCL.

This was what happen to me as well...sail april 20 my cruise was still there but all my excursions and dates were gone....panicked called my ta...she said there was a snaphfoo on website but the system is fine our cruise was fine and she could see all our extras and excursions....shewwwwwe was sweating for a moment.

I've received my documents on the mail about my cruise... but the dates still don't appear on the website.

I would think that your cruise is sold out. If they have ANY cancellations you might see it pop back up with the limited recently cancalled rooms available.

I would think that your cruise is sold out. If they have ANY cancellations you might see it pop back up with the limited recently cancalled rooms available.
Yeah, our May 14 sailing disappeared yesterday morning then reappeared in the afternoon with a couple of verandah rooms only. It keeps showing up and disappearing. It's sold out, i'm sure!

I wonder how a sold out boat feels...

I'm surprised to see our dates sold out but not Easter week-end...

The ship will feel full right after the drill, 4,000 people trying to use the same elivators and stairs. Really don't know why EVERYONE is in such a hurry, they are on the boat for a while. By the way, do NOT show up for dinner early! Your table is waiting for you when you get there. Walt Disney Theater will feel full IF you attend the 8:30 show recommend getting there aby 8:15 if you care where you sit.

The biggest problem is that EVERYONE will run around the cruise ship like it is Christmas time in the mall. Everyone trying to hurry and get everything done. As long as you don't have that mind set you will be fine. Be up for at least one sunrise, one sunset, enjoy the food and entertainment and give Mickey a high-five and your cruise will be wonderful!

We have been on a sold out Magic & Fantasy cruise. The Magic was a 15-night with tons of kids, some of whom were trouble makers, but it really didn't seem wall to wall like at WDW when the capacity has been reached. The Fantasy wasn't too bad the week before Easter either. I think the difference is that while everyone is on the ship all the time, they aren't all out on the pool deck, or in the atrium. The numbers seem to disperse pretty well. Of course before dinner seatings is more crowded in the atrium because of pictures, but that's the only time I've really noticed a crowd.

If you're putting in more than three people, try putting in just two, and see if it comes up. There are a number of April dates that don't show up if I put in my family of four, but that do show up if I put in just two people. That just means that the rooms that hold four are all sold out or on old.

If you're putting in more than three people, try putting in just two, and see if it comes up. There are a number of April dates that don't show up if I put in my family of four, but that do show up if I put in just two people. That just means that the rooms that hold four are all sold out or on old.

It actually means that the quota of rooms they can sell for four guests has been filled and the muster station numbers won't allow it. Some rooms that sleep 4 or 5 could only allow guests to book 3 people when this happens. DCL cannot sell every berth in every room, but offers the options to make booking more flexible for guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter