• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Salad using red hot candies

jiminyC_fan

DIS Veteran
Hey, I need help. I was going to make a salad for Christmas and lost the recipe. It is a jello salad that has melted red hot candies in it. I believe it was cherry jello. I don't remember anything else. Does anyone have a similar recipe that they are willing to share?

Someone gave me this recipe years ago. I've never tried it, but maybe it's what you're looking for???

Red-Hot Jello
Here's one I came up with about 25 years ago and the kids still ask for it every holiday. I don't have exact amounts since it's an original. But here goes....

First, I melt down about 3/4 c. red cinnamon candies (called Imperials, I believe) in about a cup or cup and a half of boiling water. I find that if I do this a day ahead of time and refrigerate it it works better.

1 large box Cherry Jello - prepared according to the directions on the box. Use hot water to dissolve the jello and use the cooled cinnamon liquid in place of cold water. If you forget to melt the Imperials the day before, just reverse and use the cinnamon water for the hot water called for in the directions. I add diced apples, finely chopped walnuts and some mini marshmallows. It comes out like a cinnamon flavored waldorf salad minus the creamy dressing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter