• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Salad Dressing recommendation, please?

Papa Deuce

<font color="red">BBQ loving, fantasy football pla
Basically I only eat a few dressings... Caesar, Blue Cheese, and occasionally I might have 1000 Island or Italian. In fact, I don't even know what many other dressings taste like.

So, I am looking for something "tart" and vinegary. Maybe a little sweet, not too much.

Any suggestions?

How about Catalina or French?

Make your own vinegrette.

1/2 cup viniger of your choice
1 tsp ground mustard
Salt and pepper
Chopped garlic to taste

Stir all the above together with a wisk, then slowly add in 1 cup of oil stiring continually with wisk as you go.

You can change the flavor by using different vinigers. You can also add a little sugar, or some lemon or other fruit flavoring. I even saw one yesterday that added a little molassis for sweetness.

A raspberry vinegrette. Newman's makes a nice one.

I like Newman's Three Cheese Balsamic Vinegar...it's not too tangy, and has the right amount of sweetness...I also use it as a marinade for my chicken and beef...yum.

Make your own vinegrette.

1/2 cup viniger of your choice
1 tsp ground mustard
Salt and pepper
Chopped garlic to taste

Stir all the above together with a wisk, then slowly add in 1 cup of oil stiring continually with wisk as you go.

You can change the flavor by using different vinigers. You can also add a little sugar, or some lemon or other fruit flavoring. I even saw one yesterday that added a little molassis for sweetness.

Sounds great!

homemade french dressing - tart, sweet and vinegarish as well...

1 c.Sugar
1 c. ketchup
1 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. white vinegar
1/2 t. hot pepper sauce
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 T. celery seed
1/4 t. liquid smoke
2 T. minced chives

Blend all together.

I like to play around with this - sometimes the mix of ketchup, sugar, oil, vinegar, garlic and worcestershire is excellent too.

Basamic vinaigrette would probably fit the bill. A little vinegar, some sweetness, but just yummy.

Honestly, for what you described.....I'd go with plain old Olive oil and vinegar

either a red wine or a balsamic to add that little bit of sweet.

Healthy and good!

Honestly, for what you described.....I'd go with plain old Olive oil and vinegar

either a red wine or a balsamic to add that little bit of sweet.

Healthy and good!

Maybe the red wine would be good, but Blasamic is the ONLY vinegar I have ever tried that I don't like.

Maybe the red wine would be good, but Blasamic is the ONLY vinegar I have ever tried that I don't like.

::yes:: it does have a different flavor doesn't it. I like red wine the best for just a simple salad. I usually put some parmesan cheese in there too.

Master Mason's sounds yummy!

Mix the vinegar of your choice (I like GOOD basalmic...generic and/or cheap is NOT the same) with a touch of good extra virgin olive oil and a generous helping of lemon. Add some oregano, thyme, pepper, garlic (fresh or powder...I actually use the powder) and rosemary. Shake well and put on your salad. YUMMY!

I tend to like balsamic vinaigrettes. They actually on the healthy side to--bonus! There are a wide variety of types out there; I'm a little partial to strawberry.

Have you tried asian dressings? Kraft makes one (asian toasted sesame, I think) that is great & sounds like what you want.

That one is so good! - it's especially good on "broccollislaw".

I love Good Seasons (the one you make yourself) - I like to use balsamic and put extra garlic cloves in it. Great with crusty italian bread, yum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter