Salad bars/best salads?

Beth06015

DIS Veteran
Anywhere at Disney world with really great salad options? Vegetarian and low calorie? Thanks!!

There is a great salad discussion thread here:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/silly-question-but-where-can-i-get-a-really-good-salad.3412970/

My personal favourite is the beet & goat cheese salad at Sunshine Seasons. I'm not normally a beet fan but I *love* this salad!
Thanks for the link there!! Unfortunately it seems most recommended salads are "hearty" or include meat....I can be a picky eater I guess so like to keep simple salads. From that thread sounds like there are good options but unfortunately no where we plan to be.

Thanks for the link there!! Unfortunately it seems most recommended salads are "hearty" or include meat....I can be a picky eater I guess so like to keep simple salads. From that thread sounds like there are good options but unfortunately no where we plan to be.

You might be able to ask at many places where the salad isn't pre-made for the salad to be made vegetarian. Low calorie might be the tougher thing to find, I think finding a simple Oil & Vinegar dressing at a QS might be like finding a needle in a haystack.

BOG lunch has a Quinoa salad that looks healthy and Wolfgang Puck Express at DD has some great choices as well. I love the food at WPE! http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/sites/default/files/MRK To Go Menu 3.9.15.pdf

Cosmic Ray's has a Greek salad as well.

Last edited:
CHH - Lighthouse Sandwich, Tangerine Cafe - Vegi Platter of Salads. Riverside - build your own salad in QS, Earl of Sandwich & Wolfgang Pucks Express have some very good salads, just ask them to leave off the meat. There really arent any salad bars on property. Some of the resorts have the build a salad in the food court areas, where you tell them what you want and they will build it for you. I also like the buffet dinner at Capts Grill which has a nice salad selection as part of the bar. Went to breakfast there and it was great. Loved their quinoa and apple salad.
Check out the Disney menus - www.allearsnet.com/dining/menu

http://www.disboards.com/threads/silly-question-but-where-can-i-get-a-really-good-salad.3412970/

My personal favourite is the beet & goat cheese salad at Sunshine Seasons. I'm not normally a beet fan but I *love* this salad!

Another vote for sunshine seasons and the beer salad, it's delicious

I love that beet & goat cheese salad as well. However, according to Josh at easywdw's blog post from 5/31, that salad has been taken off the menu and replaced with a Sesame Crusted Tuna salad instead. :sad:

I love that beet & goat cheese salad as well. However, according to Josh at easywdw's blog post from 5/31, that salad has been taken off the menu and replaced with a Sesame Crusted Tuna salad instead. :sad:

That's not good news. I will join in your cryfest lol.

You might be able to ask at many places where the salad isn't pre-made for the salad to be made vegetarian. Low calorie might be the tougher thing to find, I think finding a simple Oil & Vinegar dressing at a QS might be like finding a needle in a haystack.

BOG lunch has a Quinoa salad that looks healthy and Wolfgang Puck Express at DD has some great choices as well. I love the food at WPE! http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/sites/default/files/MRK To Go Menu 3.9.15.pdf

Cosmic Ray's has a Greek salad as well.
Thanks!! That's really what I am looking for--I went to a quick service place locally over the weekend and they had options for olive oil and fresh lemon juice on the make your own tossed salad.....I was so so happy. It sounds like that will be out of the way at Disney....not sure I really can plan my trip around a good salad unfortunately.

lots of love for the discontinued beet salad! I am not a huge beet fan. I love to eat as much green leaves as possible in a day, weird as that probably sounds.

Another vote for sunshine seasons and the beer salad, it's delicious

That's not good news. I will join in your cryfest lol.

Joining the cryfest :sad::sad::sad::sad: I loved that salad! Hope the strawberry shortcake doesn't disappear from Sunshine Seasons!!

I always looked forward to the salads at Crystal Palace although I haven't been in a few years. Also love the salads at Boma!

And if you have them make it without the meat, it's a bowl of mushy (mainly) lettuce. Disgusting.
Sorry, I know it's their signature dish, the ingredients are fabulous but I agree, I had it once in Ca no less, too minced up, mushy, muddled!

Most resort food courts have a make your own salad counter, I believe, where it is made to order with ingredients you choose!
I know the All Stars and Port Orleans Riverside do!

And if you have them make it without the meat, it's a bowl of mushy (mainly) lettuce. Disgusting.
Honestly this is why I prefer salad bars or make your own places --- the meat can be the point of the salad sometimes so it's better to make it yourself or just find something made without it to begin with.

Most resort food courts have a make your own salad counter, I believe, where it is made to order with ingredients you choose!
I know the All Stars and Port Orleans Riverside do!
Thanks! We will be staying at the BC so I'll have to check out their options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter