• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sake's Alive! AKL Lite V!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You, do you think it would be worth the extra money for a pool view to ensure Im close to the pool? I was debating this anyway, and after seeing the map I wouldnt want to end up on the opposite end of the resort.

Probably.

Standard view is typically going to be along that front "porte cochere" area...(the 2 shorter trails), but not always. Some of the "people pen" views were reclassified as standard view a few years back (changed from savannah view) and those rooms can be WAY out on the spurs of the longer trails.

If being close to the pool is super important to you...I'd pay the extra money for it (provided the difference between the two was reasonable).

I would not be too sure about this. We wanted Lake View last year and all they had was Magic Kingdom view at 7 months out. So I booked Magic Kingdom View and waitlisted for Lake view. Fortunately the waitlist came through really quickly.

Corinna

Nothing is ever for sure...but generally the lake views are the ones that people have found availability in. Part of that is...there's a lot of them. The MK view rooms tend to book up quick, too, due to the desirability of the view (obviously). The standard view rooms book pretty quickly because they're point savers (sort of like the value rooms at AKV/Jambo).

If you read the reports on the DVC forums, MOST of the time...even during the slower times of year...the Lake View rooms are what they're finding at 7 months out. I've heard some people (like you) report the opposite: No Lake Views but MK views...so it certainly does happen. If it were me...I'd hold on to that MK view like it was gold. :)

We're going in December 2012. Going to book AKV and then try to switch to BLT at 7 months. I'm going to guess we will have zero luck, given the time of year...but I'm hoping.

....uhhhhhh, aren't you forgetting something?? :rolleyes1

My bad... I thought someone had already put them out!

DSC_0024.jpg

Well..the next big phase of the trip planning went off without a hitch:

Ordered our theme park tickets.

We're still talking about doing the DDP. With 3 kids, it usually works out to be a pretty good deal....BUT, we've got friends visiting the same time (who won't be doing the DDP..they're staying off site), and my parents are coming along with us and they have their own room (and thus, would have their own DDP). I can see nightmare scenarios when we're splitting up checks at some of those meals.....

I'm just dreading the logistics of the DDP vs the ease of Plastic (and then settling up).

We'll probably decide by the end of the weekend.....

My bad... I thought someone had already put them out!

DSC_0024.jpg

Thank you for this:thumbsup2 My DS asked if we could try these when we went to Japan. I said, Sure. I did not want to tell him that we are going to try them when we go to AKL:lmao: Gotta love surprise trips;)

Hey Jamborini's - Another shot tomorrow........... wish me luck!!! :)

Hope Everyone has a good weekend!! :flower3:

Good luck.

Nothing is ever for sure...but generally the lake views are the ones that people have found availability in. Part of that is...there's a lot of them. The MK view rooms tend to book up quick, too, due to the desirability of the view (obviously). The standard view rooms book pretty quickly because they're point savers (sort of like the value rooms at AKV/Jambo).

If you read the reports on the DVC forums, MOST of the time...even during the slower times of year...the Lake View rooms are what they're finding at 7 months out. I've heard some people (like you) report the opposite: No Lake Views but MK views...so it certainly does happen. If it were me...I'd hold on to that MK view like it was gold. :)

We're going in December 2012. Going to book AKV and then try to switch to BLT at 7 months. I'm going to guess we will have zero luck, given the time of year...but I'm hoping.

We loved our lake view last year. I had heard from other people that most of the Magic Kingdom views are really just car park views with the castle and Space Mountain in the distance. I did absolutely adore having access to the Top of the World Lounge though. We managed to watch Happy HalloWishes up there one day and regular Wishes on another.

Corinna

Today was a big day for us! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

My DD, Dr. Erin, graduated from a three-year pediatric residency program at a children's hospital in Philadelphia. :worship: Even though today was graduation day, she still has to work until the end of the month.:confused3

As of July 1, no more 80-90 hour workweeks for her. :woohoo::woohoo: Erin starts her new job on July 6 working for a pediatric practice in Haddonfield, NJ. :love:

Kathy,
Proud Momparty:

My DD, Dr. Erin, graduated from a three-year pediatric residency program at a children's hospital in Philadelphia. :worship: Even though today was graduation day, she still has to work until the end of the month.:confused3

As of July 1, no more 80-90 hour workweeks for her. :woohoo::woohoo: Erin starts her new job on July 6 working for a pediatric practice in Haddonfield, NJ. :love:

Kathy,
Proud Momparty:

Congratulations to your daughter. You have every reason to be proud.

Corinna

Do you know the best time to view the animals from the public viewing areas? Especially the giraffes?

Kathy,
Proud Momparty:

Congrats

Kathy - I remember meeting Erin! WOW! I would never have guessed she was old enough to be a pediatrician already. Congrats to her and to YOU, Mom!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter