• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sake's Alive! AKL Lite V!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Kappy, it is all about the kids :lmao:. That is why my family is "forced" to vacation at Disney or DCL:rotfl: Now my kids are as addictted to Disney as me:lmao: Sorry, I can't answer any of questions. I am sure someone will come along and be able to provide the answers you need;)

Nice try Brandi, trying to sneak back :upsidedow

Hi all :flower3:

Hello everyone! Such a family thing going here, love it!

...well, JAMBO! :wave:

kappyfamily said:
I have a couple questions hoping someone can answer.

1. Staying in 2 bedroom Jambo villa savannah view--- my favorite animal, by far, is the giraffe so would LOVE to be able to see one from the room. Of course I know this is all about the kids right? But MOM really wants to see a giraffe.... any suggestions on the best savannah request? Of course I would also love to be fairly close to the pool. I guess what I'm asking is what is the "dream/cream of the crop" savannah 2 bedroom you can get...

...you're pretty safe in viewing a giraffe if you request Arusha Rock area...

kappyfamily said:
2. Can you wear "park" clothes (either shorts and tees or jeans and tees depending on the weather in early march) into Jiko or do we need to get fancied up before going?

....as long as your feet are covered, it's okay - personally, I'd prefer to be a little bit more dressed up than with jeans and sneaks, but that's me...

kappyfamily said:
3. Time it takes and easiest route to DTD?
same but for mini golf at the summer/winter course?
Same but for getting to Hoop Dee Doo?

...buses to the first 2 locations have always been notoriously long, but that's how it is no matter which resort you stay. As far as the mini golf goes, it depends upon the time of day. Usually, the buses let off Blizzard Beach guests first, since they are heading to a water park. That'd be the bus you'd take. Your best bet for Hoop de Doo would be to take a bus to TTA at MK and transfer to a bus to FtW. Or, you can take a bus to MK and walk over to catch a friend ship to FtW....

kappyfamily said:
I promise I will do a newbie at AK TR when we are there. 269 days to go!
thank you all so much!!!!

.....ummmm, do you realize what you typed?? :blush:

LOL.... that's funny! :lmao: Let me retype that last line. I promise to do a trip report coming from a new person that will be staying at the fine establishment known as Animal Kingdom.

Whew.

thanks for all the info by the way!!!

For the KappyFamily:

I have a couple questions hoping someone can answer.

1. Staying in 2 bedroom Jambo villa savannah view--- my favorite animal, by far, is the giraffe so would LOVE to be able to see one from the room. Of course I know this is all about the kids right? But MOM really wants to see a giraffe.... any suggestions on the best savannah request? Of course I would also love to be fairly close to the pool. I guess what I'm asking is what is the "dream/cream of the crop" savannah 2 bedroom you can get.

2. Can you wear "park" clothes (either shorts and tees or jeans and tees depending on the weather in early march) into Jiko or do we need to get fancied up before going?

3. Time it takes and easiest route to DTD?
same but for mini golf at the summer/winter course?
Same but for getting to Hoop Dee Doo?

Hi KappyFamily,
I can answer # 2 for you, because I was just on the Disney web-site looking up the same thing. Here's what it said:

•Dress Code Guidelines:
Men: Khakis, slacks, jeans, dress shorts, collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.
Ladies: Capris, skirts, dresses, jeans, dress shorts.

Not permitted in dining room: Tank tops, swimwear, hats for gentleman, cut offs, or torn clothing. While T-shirts are now allowed, the policy remains that T-shirts with offensive language or graphics are not acceptable.

Sorry - I don't know about the other 2 questions.....

Have a great trip!

If any of you belong to the June planning thread, forgive me for making you listen to this twice...

We're leaving in a day and a half and OF COURSE DH's car breaks down.

I've decided to go against my character COMPLETELY, and respond to the situation this way: "Ok, if something BAD is wrong with it, we'll tow it back home, leave it in the yard while we're on vacation, and the day we come back... we buy a new car."

Can we afford it? no.
Am I going to let it "infect us" for ths next week? NO WAY

God will make a way- he always does.

When it rains..... call it pixie dust and just banana dance! :banana:

If any of you belong to the June planning thread, forgive me for making you listen to this twice...

I've decided to go against my character COMPLETELY, and respond to the situation this way: "Ok, if something BAD is wrong with it, we'll tow it back home, leave it in the yard while we're on vacation, and the day we come back... we buy a new car."

Can we afford it? no.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I hope nothing major is wrong and your vacation can be worry-free!

Can we afford it? no.

:wizard: Hopefully it's nothing serious!!! Hope you guys have an AWESOME time!!!!!! Take tons of pics!!! :goodvibes

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I hope y'all have had a great weekend. Ours was wonderful, but I'm glad the graduation celebration is done! (I'm exhausted!) :laughing:

Here are some pictures. You need to know that my daughter aspires to be Snow White (that might explain the first 2 pictures!!)
;)

Good to hear she was able to walk! Congrats! :cool1:

:wizard: Hopefully it's nothing serious!!! Hope you guys have an AWESOME time!!!!!! Take tons of pics!!! :goodvibes

Sounded that way when I left. :upsidedow

I was the one to tow it to the shop, and when DH called later to ask "how'd it go?" I don;t think he was too pleased to hear "they were mumbling something about the computer not registering at all..." OUCH.

I wonder who would exchange my vacation-planning skills for a down-payment on a new car.:rolleyes1

Can we afford it? no.

I need to take your advice!

We leave in 3 days and today of all days our A/C goes out when it's 97 degrees. We have to replace both units! :sad2: $5000!! :scared1::eek:

I am trying not to let it ruin our vacation but why does stuff like this always happen at the total wrong moment! :confused:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I hope y'all have had a great weekend. Ours was wonderful, but I'm glad the graduation celebration is done! (I'm exhausted!) :laughing:

Here are some pictures. You need to know that my daughter aspires to be Snow White (that might explain the first 2 pictures!!)
;)

DSCN9838.jpg

DSCN9855.jpg

DSCN9872.jpg

DSCN9881.jpg

Note the ankle brace!
DSCN9883.jpg

Tori's in the front row -- on the OTHER side!! :rotfl:
DSCN9895.jpg

Love the pics:goodvibes So glad she was able to walk.

Happy Tuesday Jamborini's!!! It's been so flipping hot here already - DS looks like a boiled crawfish - too much pool/sun this weekend!!! My exciting day consist of doing laundry.............. whooo hoooo :rolleyes: WISH I was at my favorite place............................

aug24433.jpg

Hope You all have a great day!!!! :goodvibes

Thanks for that picture:cloud9: It has actually been so humid here too but it is preparing me for Disney this summer.

Can we afford it? no.

Sending prayers that the car will be OK. Your family has been through enough lately you don't need anything else.:sad2:

Can we afford it? no.

We leave in 3 days and today of all days our A/C goes out when it's 97 degrees. We have to replace both units! :sad2: $5000!! :scared1::eek:

I am trying not to let it ruin our vacation but why does stuff like this always happen at the total wrong moment! :confused:

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: and :banana::banana::banana: for both of you. I need to keep this in mind also.

Can we afford it? no.

Oh no!!! :( I hope it turns out ok. :\ Keeping my fingers crossed!

DisneyMamato4 - Oh my gosh! :( Not good. Hoping it's not a hard fix...

:grouphug: Such a bad time for problems!

Morning all! Cleaning over here today- blah.

Can we afford it? no.

Stacey, hope everything works out with the car. Have a magical vacation! :goodvibes

Have a great vacation! :goodvibes Hope this helps. pixiedust:

LOL.... that's funny! :lmao: Let me retype that last line. I promise to do a trip report coming from a new person that will be staying at the fine establishment known as Animal Kingdom.

Whew...

....uhhhh, I think I like the first way better. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter