Sake's Alive! AKL Lite V!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I posted this on the dis botique thread but I thought i'd post it here incase anyone here sews. The folks over at fairytale frocks and lollipops are donating all the proceeds from select E-pattern designers to aid those who were effected by the storms that ripped through the south. Some of designers are Olabelhe, scientific seamstress, Sis Boom and some others. This is a really easy way to help out and who doesn't like a new pattern to play with.

...thanks for the info....:thumbsup2

wendypooh - I am sorry to hear that you are hurting like you are, I truly hope the new treatments are the answer, prayers and well wishes for you and your family.

wendypooh, RachelTori, PRmamiDEdos, John's Mom, kimmar067, athenna, tiggrbaby, dolphingirl47, tinacaplan, PNO4TE - thank you all for thinking of family and praying for everyone in the south that has suffered through these storm. It is all needed for sure.

dolphingirl47- hope you have a wonderful trip and enjoy yourself.

RachelTori, kimmar067, -Yes, a hug first for him, and general inspection to make sure he is really ok, then I get to hurt him for putting me through this. I have to tell you that there is 9 years difference in our ages and I love him but sometimes I want to smack him around....:laughing:

kimmar067 - know that I keeping you all in my prayers :hug:

pilferk - Thanks so much, several churches and corporations have established food and supply banks, and are even providing cooked meals and power stations for people, which I think is a major help. I looked into sending things down and the mail service has NOT been returned just yet, so I am not sure how that works, but if you find anything out please post.

PNO4TE - you and bob are in our prayers also :hug:

The countdown is on for us! 16 days until we're back at AKL...

We honeymooned there in May 2009 and fell in love.

Stayed at CBR in October 2010 and we're reassured that nothing compares to AKL!

Can't wait to get there... :cool1:

Have a wonderful time and don't forget to bring some Zebra Domes back for us!! ;)

pilferk - Thanks so much, several churches and corporations have established food and supply banks, and are even providing cooked meals and power stations for people, which I think is a major help. I looked into sending things down and the mail service has NOT been returned just yet, so I am not sure how that works, but if you find anything out please post.

As of today at 2 PM...we're likely going to be shipping OUR (from my workplace) stuff in via private plane. No promises, but I'll check to see if there's a way to get some other stuff stashed on board and I'll let you know. Right now, the schedule has the plane going wheels up either late Monday afternoon or early Tuesday and coming into Maxwell AFB. Red Cross is coordinating that with the Air Force and we're waiting on clearance and final flight times. If courier service is restored to those areas prior to Monday, our plans might change, too.

What do they need and where are they (as close to a physical address as you can get)? Let me know via PM and I'll try to get the ball rolling.

I definitely can't help get them gas (or anything like that) but might be able to get them some potable water, batteries,non-perishable food, and blankets. We're sending some of that down for Baptist Health and Jackson Hospital to help distribute, along with a hefty dose of medical supplies. Again, I don't know if I can arrange for some similar stuff to go down and either get delivered or get held..but I can try.

Thank you all. I have not talked to my brother yet but was told from a friend that he was out fishing with a friend of his and that cell phone service is really bad right now.

Will update more when i talk to my girls.

Brandi, I am so sorry this all has happened to your family and so many others. You, your girls, grandchildren and your mom are in my prayers. Is there anything I can do? I will be happy to send whatever may be needed or help you put together packages. Let me know by PM ok? :hug:

My youngest DD, DSIL and three grandkids are in North Carolina. When they had the tornado's there last week I was so worried. They came through ok, but so many hurt and homes distroyed near them.
:sad2:

As big sister, but smaller. I would have rung his neck if I lived closer to him

I am happy and blessed he is safe but I could not believe he was fishing.

You know men who fish and love outdoor stuff !!!! They sometimes have tunnel vision.....and hearing....and and and :goodvibes Thank God he is safe and hopefully knows how worried you and your family were about him.

Angel

I have finally caught up with you all on AKL Lite V! :thumbsup2 I suppose you all feel I need to read all of the IV thread? Kinda want to....cuz you guys all have that "neat-o Siggie" So it must be an awesome thread!

We are just about to close the estate stuff from my DH's parents deaths. Boy, I had no idea how difficult this all was when someone does not register their will. And has a will compaired to a trust. Especially when it involved three sisters and three brothers. The boys were not a problem....but sisters. :scared1:

AND - on a personal note, I had another appt. with my Ortho dr. yesterday, as I'm NOT getting better - he has decided that we're going to try a "new" treatment - to start with at least a couple of "cervical epidural steroid injections" - to see how that will help - and if it doesn't then we're looking at surgery. I hope to goodness it doesn't come to that. BUT, I'm just NOT feeling any better, in fact it's progressively getting worse - I've even begun to limp, still have lots of pain, headaches, loss of use in my right arm........... etc... etc.... I'm trying NOT to be a crybaby - but, felt I needed to go back - to get some relief as it's just beyond my control at this point. Anyway, I got 2 new meds. so feeling a little more comfort today.... not much, but a little bit. Hopefully, the shots will work!! :)

Hey Kathy,

Thanks so much. I just feel awful, but, I hate complaining about it, I had hoped so much that it would kind of just go away, you know, like you hit your finger with a hammer, eventually, the pain goes away........... I mean I know it's MUCH different, but, it's just NOT getting any better - I can NEVER get comfortable, I'm in pain all the time, I don't sleep, etc... etc...., see, I really just hate even talking about it, but, I DO hope that the shots will work, he said there are some people who get them, then never have anymore problems, I'm hoping I'm in that category. I was feeling pretty good when I stopped phys. therapy, still some pain, but, manageable (or so I thought), but the last couple of months, it's just progressively gotten worse. My last phys. ther. appt. was in Jan. - so, it hasn't been that long, but, it seems like SO long ago............ I just really hope this works, as you know, the pain is just horrible. If you don't mind my asking, what is your injury from? Of course mine if from the accident back in Aug. of last year - I can hardly believe it's been 9 months ago. Anyway, Thanks - I appreciate the support!! :)

I hope the injections work.:hug: I've had three lumbar epidurals in the past year. The first two worked great for a while. When the pain in my lower back gets bad enough, I'll have surgery. You have so many symptoms; I can't imagine what you are going through right now. :sad2: But :woohoo: for meds!

Kathy

Wendypooh & Kathy, My heart goes out to you both. I am so, so, sorry you are in such pain. You both must have a very strong sence of self-being :hug: to keep going the way you both do with family, kids and work. Is there anyway you both could go back into physical therapy? I have found it has been very helpful to me. The heat, massage and excercise really has helped me.

Sending you both prayers, wishes and pixie dust for treatments to control and end your pain. :grouphug:

Thank you, my friend. I got one of those from Bob this morning too! :yay:

Elin, I am so happy that Bob is home and doing so well. What a amazine man he is! Keeping you both in thoughts and prayers and sending a hug to you both :hug:.

Kimmar, Hope things are going along a little bit better today! :hug:

Cute Side Note: My great aunt is turning 97 in a few months, she loves to garden, put up fruit and veggies and takes care of the "little old lady across the street" who is 103. :rotfl: She has a saying "Getting old is not for sissies." I LOVE IT!

Wishing everyone a Good Afternoon......at least it is afternoon where i am. :flower3:

Angel16

Have a wonderful second honeymoon! What a perfect place for one! Remember to report back to us with all the news and maybe a trip report. :rolleyes1

Angel16

...prayers are definitely needed...the sorrow is over, but the worse is just beginning....:guilty:

Kim glad too see you back:grouphug:

:** Also, hope all that had to deal with the storms are safe and sound, it's been crazy weather!!! AND - on a personal note, I had another appt. with my Ortho dr. yesterday, as I'm NOT getting better - he has decided that we're going to try a "new" treatment - to start with at least a couple of "cervical epidural steroid injections" - to see how that will help - and if it doesn't then we're looking at surgery. I hope to goodness it doesn't come to that. BUT, I'm just NOT feeling any better, in fact it's progressively getting worse - I've even begun to limp, still have lots of pain, headaches, loss of use in my right arm........... etc... etc.... I'm trying NOT to be a crybaby - but, felt I needed to go back - to get some relief as it's just beyond my control at this point. Anyway, I got 2 new meds. so feeling a little more comfort today.... not much, but a little bit. Hopefully, the shots will work!! :)

Have a great day everyone!!! I think we're off to have a mom/son lunch and maybe a movie....... (youngest DS is needing some time, since I've been in wedding mode for my other DS - he needs some attention!!! LOL ) :flower3:

Wendy that is awful that you are in so much pain. :grouphug: Don't worry about complaining. Sometimes you just need to get it off your chest and aren't we one big family here on AKL Lite thread:goodvibes

My Friends....

I have tell you that I have cried and stopped and started again... These storms have destroyed two family homes and a car, my kids in Alabama are physically ok, but are trying to deal with the devastation and the tragedy.

My youngest girl, married with two kids, lost part of their house and was crying on the phone with me telling me that people in the neighborhood were gathering up the injured and the dead and she just broke down. So much to handle and shield for her children.

My Oldest girl and her daughter had damage to their house and car, they found a working gas station and it took them 3 hours to get gas.

They are trying to leave the area and get the kids someplace with power where they will be safe, we have more family up in Tennessee that is opening their home up to them.

My other Mom refuses to leave he home that is severely damaged because she does not want anyone to steal anything.

and to top it all off I can't find my brother. I have called all his numbers and I get circuits are busy or it goes to voice mail.

Power will not be restored for awhile, so I am praying that his cell phone battery is dead.

:grouphug: Glad to hear your brother is alright. That is something my brother would do too:mad:

Just so scary with those storms.:sad2:

Hi all,

I posted this on the dis botique thread but I thought i'd post it here incase anyone here sews. The folks over at fairytale frocks and lollipops are donating all the proceeds from select E-pattern designers to aid those who were effected by the storms that ripped through the south. Some of designers are Olabelhe, scientific seamstress, Sis Boom and some others. This is a really easy way to help out and who doesn't like a new pattern to play with.

I post on that thread too and that is sweet of them. I will have to check it out and see if there is something I can purchase.:goodvibes

Good morning, Jamborini's from me, too:goodvibes

Sending hugs and pixie dust to all our friends here that need it:grouphug::wizard:

Making progress every day. That is the best I can say. It is not nearly fast enough for him, but all his therapists and I are seeing big steps. He has an appointment next Thursday with a ENT to evaluate the damage to his vocal cords. Hopefully that will be another positive step for him.

Great news! I'm glad to hear that he continues to make progress. pixiedust:

Wow, I haven't been on in a few days and I have missed a lot.

Wendy, I hope that your new treatment starts working. pixiedust:

Brandi, I'm so sorry to hear that your family was caught up in the storms/tornados. I'm glad to hear that they weren't hurt, but it must still be awful for them. :grouphug:

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday:goodvibes
I have to have lunch w/relatives that I don't like so I'm not looking forward to that:laughing:...Hopefully Scott and I will get to go out and do something fun later.

Beauty is doing fine:lovestruc

I start my new job now on Monday 5/9, so I still have over a week to go! Wish I could go to WDW for a few days 1st:rotfl: The 1st few days of training (maybe even the 1st full week) the hours are 9am-3pm as to not inundate us w/info. SO thats not too bad, and it's Mon-Fri while in training.

167 days until AKLV CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter