sailing with an infant

clori

DIS Veteran
I recently booked a cruise for Jan 2005 which I'm excited about. I just found out this week that I'm pregnant. If all goes well the baby would be 7 months old. I cruised with my dd when she was 17 months and had a great time and we planned the cruise for before she starts kindergarten. Does anyone have experience cruising with an infant? Would you recommend it? We probably would like to use flounders on castaway cay day to avoid having the baby out in the sun and give us quality time to swim with older dd - are they open during that day? Dh and I aren't the all night parting type so that part shouldn't matter. Thanks.

On the 7 day, I believe Flounders is open only from 9 - 1 for babysitting during the day you're at Castaway Cay. On the 3 and 4 days, I don't believe Flounders is open during the day for babysitting, only in the evening. I checked all the Navigators on Barb's site www.castawayclub.com You might want to keep checking them as you become closer to cruising to check on updated times, since they can change. There are umbrellas EVERYWHERE on Castaway Cay and if you get off the ship relatively early, you should be able to snag one and keep the baby out of the sun anyway.

We went on the 3 day in May and Flounders was open in the afternoon only. I'm pretty sure it was from 1-4. DS was in there all alone and slept the whole time :).

We are about to take our 14-month old on a four day cruise at the end of this month.

clori,
From what I've been told by DCL, Flounders is expected to be open the day at CC from 1-4 (and again at night 6-12).

Now of course anything could change, given that your cruise is over a year way.

I can't find the schedule that I wrote down for our cruise (DCL made it sound like it is very subject to change from one cruise to another). But the general times seemed to be 1-4 and 6-12 with the 1-4 not available the day you board or the day we are docked at a port (except for CC). I think there were some morning hours as well on day's at sea (say 10-4 rather than just 1-4).

My buest suggestion is to wait about a year and then call and ask if they have a flounders schedule for your specific cruise then.

We sailed with our 9 mnth old son and had planned to take him back to the ship in the afternoon but time goes by fast and its kind of far to the ship. I would suggest making reservations for Flounders as soon as you get on the ship, we weren't able to get our baby in any of the nights only during the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter