• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sailing the Ocean Blue...October 6, 2012 Eastern Fantasy

Could someone explain to me how do you know where to meet with your port excursions?
We are going on St. Maarten-- under 2 flag tour at 12:30-3:30 is anyone here going on that one?
in St Thomas couldn't get the one we wanted so-- do you suggest getting a taxi to go to the mountain top for photos?
how do you go about buying liqueur to bring back on board?[/QUOTElWe did the under 2 flags tour a few years ago...fun! There will be a bunch of tickets in your stateroom when you board. The ones for this excursion will be there and will tell you where/ when to meet. (example: Walt Disney Theater at 8am)

Passport update drama.... So the passport office informed us he might have his passport by mid October, and our vacation plans were non of their concern. We will call back later and see if we can talk to someone else. Not cool. Is it time to cry yet?
Can you try to expedite it at this point? We just did dd's last week and it should be here in 2 weeks.

Hi there, this cruise is a present to myself for my 40th birthday which is two days before we sail. I am cruising solo for the first time so a bit nervous!
Happy early Birthday and Happy solo cruise! My DH's Bday is 3 days before the cruise.:)

Beth...

I see since the FE deadline that we have had some new comers and one or two asked about a late comers FE group....did anything transpire? Katie posted on the facebook page about maybe getting a group together and will copy it here....and see what transpires...

hope this is alright with you!

Katie Cvach Reynolds 10:21pm Sep 10
Hey everyone, I hear there are some newer people to the group that are interested in doing FE exchange. I am hoping to get a group together to do this, even if it half a dozen or so. Let me or Sue Besancon Reynolds know and we can start working on the exchange :) Anyone is welcome!!

Sue

Beth...

I see since the FE deadline that we have had some new comers and one or two asked about a late comers FE group....did anything transpire? Katie posted on the facebook page about maybe getting a group together and will copy it here....and see what transpires...

hope this is alright with you!

Katie Cvach Reynolds 10:21pm Sep 10
Hey everyone, I hear there are some newer people to the group that are interested in doing FE exchange. I am hoping to get a group together to do this, even if it half a dozen or so. Let me or Sue Besancon Reynolds know and we can start working on the exchange :) Anyone is welcome!!

Sue

Nothing has transpired. If Katie would like to do a FE group for new comers or FB members, I am sure they would appreciate it. I had somebody who wanted to join a couple of days ago, who had 7 in their party. I can forward their information to you in a PM or email. There was another party who wanted to join the FE late, but I forgot how many in their party, I have to go back on the posts on here to find out.

Let me know and I can find out the info that Katie needs.

We asked about expediting it and they said we could send in $60, but since it was flagged it may or may not help anything. So we are sending in as much as we can to prove his identity. They want 3 to 5 documents prior to1985 with his photo & his signature. Ha! I'm sure he was signing things with a photo @ 8 & his parents kept them! Serious! My parents saved everything & I don't have 3-5 documents like that. We also asked if we could drive to a reagional office and they told us that we'd have to make an appiontment 2 weeks out & bring docs to that. They said if we were missing anything that we needed it would be all for nothing. So we are sending in a bunch of stuff today, everything we have & I guess we'll see. This has been so insane both Disney & Costco said they have never heard of anything like this.

We asked about expediting it and they said we could send in $60, but since it was flagged it may or may not help anything. So we are sending in as much as we can to prove his identity. They want 3 to 5 documents prior to1985 with his photo & his signature. Ha! I'm sure he was signing things with a photo @ 8 & his parents kept them! Serious! My parents saved everything & I don't have 3-5 documents like that. We also asked if we could drive to a reagional office and they told us that we'd have to make an appiontment 2 weeks out & bring docs to that. They said if we were missing anything that we needed it would be all for nothing. So we are sending in a bunch of stuff today, everything we have & I guess we'll see. This has been so insane both Disney & Costco said they have never heard of anything like this.
I'm sending more pixie dust your way.:goodvibes

Thanks guys! We ordered a new birth certificate yesterday (the passport office still has his), and DCL said he just needs that & photo ID. We'll continue trying for the passport too, now it's the principal of the thing! Very weird stuff. I know the passport offices are full of nice people, but once you get flagged, (still scratching our heads on that one!) the gloves come off. Hopefully DH can shrug the hassle off & enjoy our cruise in 25 days, 1 hour, 16 minutes and 44 seconds. (Till we board the boat!) :woohoo:

We rented from Avis the one time we flew onto MCO. No problems, but if we did it again, I would rent from Hertz. Hertz is closest to the port, directly in front of Residence Inn and next door to Country Inn & Suites, where we usually stay. There are no rental companies "at the port". They are all off site in Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach, and have shuttles to the port. So it really comes down to who you prefer. pirate:

Thanks for the info:):):)

Re-posting for the new folks!

Hey Ocean Blue Cruisers!
Some of you have seen this already, and you will likely see it several more times before the cruise!! For those who are staying in Port Canaveral on Friday night October 5th, we have a 5pm reservation at Fishlips. We would love to have as many people join us as possible. Even if you can't make it at 5, you are still welcome to join us at your convenience. I have to keep Sam @ Fishlips updated with a number (minimum of 12), so if you are planning to be @ the Port on Friday and would like to join us at Fishlips, please send me a PM on the Dis, or email me @ <jallenv@gmail.com> with a number for your party. Hope to see you all there!!
Allen

Tom and I are attending this event in the Magic Kingdom and I see that others are going as well---does anyone want to make an informal meet-up in the park that night? What time? Where? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Susan

Sure but not sure when or where. We haven't been to Magic Kingdom in about 5 yrs. Also we have a 16 & 13 yr old, so maybe at a ride entrance?

:cool1::yay:

Day room? Do tell!

Day rooms at the Hyatt are $87 and enable you to have a normal room from around 10am to 5-6pm. As the flights back to the UK are not until the evening, we like to put our bags in the room, have a snoozette if we're tired, sit on the balcony with lunch (bought from downstairs in the airport), go for a swim if we get really bored, or just sit in the sun on our balcony or the terrace.
We really don't like sitting in the airport for 7 hours, so it's a worthwhile payment for us.:)

Is anyone going to Mickey's Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom on the 4th?

:)Shawna

We've got tickets for the 4th too! Can't decide whether or not to bring our normal MNSSHP costumes .. I promised myself I'd pack lightly this trip!!!

P.S. We are in 9060 (port side) I always stay in a port side cabin so I don't get turned around---we are just off the mid-ship elevators and we'll also have a dry-erase board that says LOVE on it and the door will be plastered with Maryland magnets! If anyone wants to find us;-)

We've just been upgraded to near you!! We originally paid for a Cat 4c, then we saw that there were 9d GTY's available so changed and got a $900 refund. Now we've found out we've been upgraded to a 5c in 9066. I think it's a 5c anyway ... or is it 5a? Oh anyway, we are absolutely delighted of course!! Our door will also have magnets on it!:thumbsup2

We've just been upgraded to near you!! We originally paid for a Cat 4c, then we saw that there were 9d GTY's available so changed and got a $900 refund. Now we've found out we've been upgraded to a 5c in 9066. I think it's a 5c anyway ... or is it 5a? Oh anyway, we are absolutely delighted of course!! Our door will also have magnets on it!:thumbsup2

That is so awesome, I am so happy for you and your DH:cool1:

Beth

Re-posting for the new folks!

Hey Ocean Blue Cruisers!
Some of you have seen this already, and you will likely see it several more times before the cruise!! For those who are staying in Port Canaveral on Friday night October 5th, we have a 5pm reservation at Fishlips. We would love to have as many people join us as possible. Even if you can't make it at 5, you are still welcome to join us at your convenience. I have to keep Sam @ Fishlips updated with a number (minimum of 12), so if you are planning to be @ the Port on Friday and would like to join us at Fishlips, please send me a PM on the Dis, or email me @ <jallenv@gmail.com> with a number for your party. Hope to see you all there!!
Allen

Enjoy the cruise Allen. Wish we were sailing with you all again. We were orginally on this cruise for my 40th Birthday and switched to join our friends on the Turkey Day Cruise!! Enjoy!! We are trying to get the "old" group together again for a 2014 Renunion Cruise...I'll keep you posted!!
:):)

Enjoy the cruise Allen. Wish we were sailing with you all again. We were orginally on this cruise for my 40th Birthday and switched to join our friends on the Turkey Day Cruise!! Enjoy!! We are trying to get the "old" group together again for a 2014 Renunion Cruise...I'll keep you posted!!
:):)
Hey Kristin! Good to hear from you. I saw where you had been posting early in the thread and moved your cruise. Glad to hear the Parrothead group is getting back together. Keep me posted!

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
Is anyone going on the 14th? I'm debating getting tickets... Will I be Disneyed out by then? Can that even really happen?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter