Sailing the Ocean Blue...October 6, 2012 Eastern Fantasy

We just booked Bernard's tour in St. Maarten. Is anybody else doing this?
We did the Under 2 Flags tour last time, (not Bernard's) and it was kinda cheesy. Did you customize your tour or doing their stock tour? I am interested in Bernard's but don't really care to do a beach stop. We will beach @ CC.

I am interested in Bernard's but don't really care to do a beach stop. We will beach @ CC.

We wanted to do a beach stop--anything to keep me out of those jewelry stores!;)
We are also doing the St. John's Island Tour. We have been to both of these places a couple of times, so wanted to do something different, with not too much walking in the heat. And of course no jewelry, per my husband. Let's see...

We wanted to do a beach stop--anything to keep me out of those jewelry stores!;)
We are also doing the St. John's Island Tour. We have been to both of these places a couple of times, so wanted to do something different, with not too much walking in the heat. And of course no jewelry, per my husband. Let's see...
The last time we went to St. Maarten, I bought DW a pair of diamond earrings. I think it's her turn to buy me something!

How is everyone's FE gifts coming along? We have made real progress - finally found a supplier in UK for extender it hasn't arrived yet but we are on track for arrival very soon. Gift arrangements are coming together. We have to think carefully as we have a very long flight and only a certain luggage allowance so packing needs to be very organized and split equally. Beth - I'm I right in thinking FE cut off is 6th August? 74 days and counting - we leave for vacation 71 in days : ) : )

Just when I think I'm done with my FE gifts, I remember there is something I need to add, do, or just something I forgot.

I'm still waiting on a part to come in. Maybe it will get here soon.

gallmcduck - I was wondering if maybe you could ship your FE gifts or just ship something to the port. I saw somewhere (on one of these boards) that cruisers could ship a package to the port. But I don't know how much that would cost.

And if I had realized you couldn't find a FE person in the UK, I would have volunteered to make you one. I've made three for my family. I have experience. :rotfl:

Anyone staying in Cape Canaveral night before, If you are a Club Carlson member, watch your email. I just got a 30% off deal with stay dates that includes our cruise. :banana: That covers Country Inns & Suites and Radisson. Our TA had a group rate @ CIS of $111 plus $30 for parking(usually $40), and I got rooms for $87 plus tax. :cool1: We are parking @ the port though.

Bringing this to the top....

Hey Ocean Blue Cruisers!
Some of you have seen this already, and you will likely see it several more times before the cruise!! For those who are staying in Port Canaveral on Friday night October 5th, we have a 5pm reservation at Fishlips. We would love to have as many people join us as possible. Even if you can't make it at 5, you are still welcome to join us at your convenience. I have to keep Sam @ Fishlips updated with a number (minimum of 12), so if you are planning to be @ the Port on Friday and would like to join us at Fishlips, please send me a PM on the Dis, or email me @ <jallenv@gmail.com> with a number for your party. Hope to see you all there!!
Allen

Anyone staying in Cape Canaveral night before, If you are a Club Carlson member, watch your email. I just got a 30% off deal with stay dates that includes our cruise. :banana: That covers Country Inns & Suites and Radisson. Our TA had a group rate @ CIS of $111 plus $30 for parking(usually $40), and I got rooms for $87 plus tax. :cool1: We are parking @ the port though.

How much is the port parking going to cost you? Just curious, if I ever decide to drive down and park at the port.

7 night cruise is $120. It's not cheap, but it's worth it to me to be able to get loaded and get on the road.
http://www.portcanaveral.com/cruising/parking.php

Since this our first cruise we are trying park and cruise, we are staying at the Hampton Inn I think our room was 101.00 and that includeds our car being parked at hotel and their shuttle taking us to port.

Allen. My husband and I should be in Fl in time to make 5:00pm at fish lips. That means I have to get up at 5am to be there, hope I can do that..LOL
Julie

We are trying Park and Cruise as well. People are raving about them on the Disboards, and difference in price is significant.

Just to give everyone a 'heads up'... I'm running out the door to work, but it looks like I will be releasing Cabana #8 on the family beach sometime this evening. We had a pre-cruise planning session with our travel buddies last night, and the consensus was to cancel the cabana. I'll post on here right before I cancel it, in case someone wants to grab it.

Just to give everyone a 'heads up'... I'm running out the door to work, but it looks like I will be releasing Cabana #8 on the family beach sometime this evening. We had a pre-cruise planning session with our travel buddies last night, and the consensus was to cancel the cabana. I'll post on here right before I cancel it, in case someone wants to grab it.

thought i read Allen wanted to surprise his wife with a cabana....if i recall correctly! Our group has # 6 and #7!

Sue

We are trying Park and Cruise as well. People are raving about them on the Disboards, and difference in price is significant.

We have been doing Sleep, park, and fly for years and found the sleep, park, and cruise... so far ever hotel I have tried has gone out of their way to help us with what we needed.

Thanks to jjgarv! She spread some lovely pixie dust on our day that's for sure! I was able to secure her cancelled cabana for both my wife and our friends which have two young daughters. They will be over the moon! I'm not telling them until the night before.

Again, thank you sooooo much to jjgarv for alerting us to the availability and spreading such magic!!!

Chad J.

Thanks to jjgarv! She spread some lovely pixie dust on our day that's for sure! I was able to secure her cancelled cabana for both my wife and our friends which have two young daughters. They will be over the moon! I'm not telling them until the night before.

Again, thank you sooooo much to jjgarv for alerting us to the availability and spreading such magic!!!

Chad J.

:yay:
Spreading pixie dust to others is the best feeling in the world! pixiedust:

So happy for you! That will be an incredible surprise! (Btw, in case this affects how you reveal your surprise...you will get a paper 3D model of the cabana in your stateroom the night before along with the wrist bands and directions.) Enjoy!

Jennifer

Chad J.

Congrats to you all! We will be neighbors on Castaway~!

Yes, Jennifer that was a nice pixie dusting for our dis thread! for sure!

Have I mentioned how VERY excited I am for this cruise?!?! :dance3:

I'm almost finished with my FE gifts, but I was so excited that I decided to make my mom's too. :) My four-year old has helped (or at least watched) me make all the stuff.

Every time I go shopping I see something and think, "that would be an awesome FE gift. I hope someone thinks of that." :yay:

As I type this, he is sitting on the floor with a toy ship planning a cruise for his toys. :)

Laura

Chad J.

Very cool:cool2: Thanks Jennifer for giving your fellow Dis cruisers the heads up on the cabana:thumbsup2

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter