Sailing the Ocean Blue...October 6, 2012 Eastern Fantasy

I got our excursion for Castaway Cay and got us all checked in last night!!! We are in the second time slot 11:30-12:00 I thought that was pretty good!! Is that the time to go into the port building or actually go to the ship? If it's to go to the port building what do we do once we get there? Our first time cruising!! My husband and I our still more excited than our girls!!!!:hyper:

I got our excursion for Castaway Cay and got us all checked in last night!!! We are in the second time slot 11:30-12:00 I thought that was pretty good!! Is that the time to go into the port building or actually go to the ship? If it's to go to the port building what do we do once we get there? Our first time cruising!! My husband and I our still more excited than our girls!!!!:hyper:

I would like to know as well. Because I've never done a port check-in time. Did they do this so that it will be a smoother transition to get on the boat and less time waiting. Is everyone doing this or just the ones that know about it on the disboards?

This is good info for all of the first time cruisers!!!
Or anyone who hasn't experienced the new port arrival procedure.​

This is long winded, but the basic idea is, You arrive at your arrival time, enter the terminal, check in, and within a few minutes, if not immediately, get on the ship.

Details...

That is your "port arrival" time. The port officially opens at 11 am now. You should arrive at the port between 11:30 and 12:00. You can arrive at the port earlier, but depending on traffic and the number of people in terminal, you may not be allowed to enter the terminal until your arrival time. Also, your boarding number is issued based on your port arrival time. The idea is, arriving at the port early hoping to get on the ship earlier, won't do you much good. Reason?? Before the large ships, your boarding number was issued when you entered the terminal. Everyone tried to be first in the terminal to get on the ship sooner. That system just isn't practical with the larger ships. The terminal won't hold that many people. Lots of people don't like the new system, but it really works well. It eliminates a lot of waiting around after check-in.

The Douglas family is officially checked in for our cruise!!!!!

I couldn't find Palo brunch or dinner, but we should be ok with that.

The boys are doing Pirates League on Day 4 at 11:30. Then all of us will take the Island Drive and Explorer Cruise at 1:15. (This may not be the best plan, but the boys soooo wanted to be dressed like pirates and that's the best time slot I found.)

On Day 4, all 8 of use take the 8:15 Coral World Ocean Park by Land and Sea.

On Day 7, my hubby, 12-year old, and my self will take the 9:15 Walking and Kayak Nature Adventure.

We have the 11:30 am port time too. I'm no sure about the rest of my party's check in time as they have to do the online stuff themselves. I don't know their passport numbers. :)

Laura :cool1:

phimugrl said:
Well, I just made one. I hope I made it correctly.

I have never seen these but does sound like an excellent idea to avoid confusion, we sure will get confused on castaway cay all doing different things : )

pumpkinkate said:
So how is everyone getting to the port? I'm still working out all those fun details! We moved our cruise from Dec to Oct in June... Bumping the trip up that much & moving out of state really kinked my planned schedule!

We are driving to port and back to WDW, we arrive in Orlando the Wednesday before joining cruise : )

TinkLoverSam said:
Last night was a good night, not only did I get everything I wanted on the cruise booked for Disney_Alli and our mom and dad but I also got an offer on my condo! Looks like moving day may have a shorter countdown then the cruise!

Great news on both : )

Thanks for check in info Allen I was some what confused with check in details. How is everyone's FE gifts coming along? We have made real progress - finally found a supplier in UK for extender it hasn't arrived yet but we are on track for arrival very soon. Gift arrangements are coming together. We have to think carefully as we have a very long flight and only a certain luggage allowance so packing needs to be very organised and split equally. Beth - I'm I right in thinking FE cut off is 6th August? 74 days and counting - we leave for vacation 71 in days : ) : )

aafdmom- see you on the flight- we wont be hard to miss...there are 12 of us!:jumping1:

aafdmom- see you on the flight- we wont be hard to miss...there are 12 of us!:jumping1:

There will be 6 of us on this flight! We will be easy to spot just look for a curley headed smiley 17 month old! My grandson! :) The rest of our group will be meeting us at the ship! there is 15 of us! Look forward to meeting you at the gate!!:yay:

Sue

This is good info for all of the first time cruisers!!!
Or anyone who hasn't experienced the new port arrival procedure.​

This is long winded, but the basic idea is, You arrive at your arrival time, enter the terminal, check in, and within a few minutes, if not immediately, get on the ship.

Details...

That is your "port arrival" time. The port officially opens at 11 am now. You should arrive at the port between 11:30 and 12:00. You can arrive at the port earlier, but depending on traffic and the number of people in terminal, you may not be allowed to enter the terminal until your arrival time. Also, your boarding number is issued based on your port arrival time. The idea is, arriving at the port early hoping to get on the ship earlier, won't do you much good. Reason?? Before the large ships, your boarding number was issued when you entered the terminal. Everyone tried to be first in the terminal to get on the ship sooner. That system just isn't practical with the larger ships. The terminal won't hold that many people. Lots of people don't like the new system, but it really works well. It eliminates a lot of waiting around after check-in.

Thank you so much for filling us in!!

My FE gifts are coming along great. Still waiting on my FE. Still have to purchase a few things and then dd12 and I are going to work on them next week before school starts and hopefully get them completed.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter