Sailaway on the Dream - Meridian Bar

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi. Is the Meridian bar the bar that is connected to Remy? I loved it there. If so, does anyone know if its open and serving at sailaway?

We are two adults and although have done the Dream with our family, his is an adult-only cruise.

Thank you.

Hi. Is the Meridian bar the bar that is connected to Remy? I loved it there. If so, does anyone know if its open and serving at sailaway?

We are two adults and although have done the Dream with our family, his is an adult-only cruise.

Thank you.
According to our Dream Navigator, Meridian opened at 5:00pm on embarkation day.

According to our Dream Navigator, Meridian opened at 5:00pm on embarkation day.

Thanks so that is not good I guess. That is so nice you looked at your Navigator. Thank you.

Where would you suggest for a relaxing sailaway but not in the cabin? Maybe up on deck the adult only side but up outside the concierge sundeck?

When we were on the Fantasy, we enjoyed Sailaway from Meridian, so maybe the 5:00 opening will work for yours as well?

When we were on the Fantasy, we enjoyed Sailaway from Meridian, so maybe the 5:00 opening will work for yours as well?

Wonderful! Thank you! Were there a lot of people with you up there. I dont mind the people just didnt want a sailaway madhouse.

I thought it was 4:00 pm so this is great news. Thanks!!
It may be, you need to check your My Cruise Activities page and see if it lists the sailaway time. Or your documents, if you've received them.

Last edited:
We sat there during the sailway party on the second leg of our B2B because we had already done the sailaway party on the first leg. We were the only ones sitting out on the deck outside Meridian. It was great! Fabulous views of the harbour as you pull out, martini in hand, and we were still able to listen to the party music. I totally recommend it.

I thought it was 4:00 pm so this is great news. Thanks!!

The Sail Away party with music, dancing and characters is at 4. The actual physical sailing away from the dock can be anytime between 4:30 and 5:00 or maybe even later depending on things.

The sailaway party was at 4:15 according to my old schedule (and is the same time as is listed on our schedule for our upcoming one) and we pulled out of the harbour at probably 5 pm. So I think that we went to Meridian about 4:30 because I know that we waited until the party started, got our drinks and sat there until after we pulled out of port. There have been other times when, for some unknown reason, we didn't pull out of port until well after 5 pm. In that case, just get another drink and wait!

Wondering about watching the fireworks from meridian after a palo dinner around 10:30, is that realistic??? Can you see the fireworks from there?..

Wow! Thank you all so much!
Will be trying sailaway this time from Meridian with cocktails in hand!

Wondering about watching the fireworks from meridian after a palo dinner around 10:30, is that realistic??? Can you see the fireworks from there?..
I haven't tried that, but, IMO, I don't think you could see much. Fireworks are shot forward on the starboard side.

It's actually a great place to watch the fireworks if you want to avoid the crowds. You don't get as fantastic of a view as you would from being on deck 11 or 12, but we were able to see almost all of the fireworks on our last cruise from Meridian, near Palo. There were a handful of adults and the Palo manager, who was super nice, and told us the best places to stand. We will definitely be watching the fireworks from there in the future and skipping the crush of the pirate party since we've seen it before and aren't interested in crowds.

Can you go to that bar even if you don't have reservations for Palo or Remy?

Yep! :) They had tastings there on my cruise in February. But I went up one night after dinner just for the Creme Brulee martini! :)

(I didn't go up in jeans as I went after dinner (for the tasting as well), but I don't think there's a dress code. I'm not positive though as I dress for dinner, so I wouldn't have been stopped if there is.)

Yep! :) They had tastings there on my cruise in February. But I went up one night after dinner just for the Creme Brulee martini! :)

(I didn't go up in jeans as I went after dinner (for the tasting as well), but I don't think there's a dress code. I'm not positive though as I dress for dinner, so I wouldn't have been stopped if there is.)
Awesome! Thank you!

Can you hear the music from the pirate party at meridian when the fireworks are going off? I love the fireworks with the music, but hate the crowds. Meridian would be a nice option but if you don't get the full effect with the music, it might be worth the crowd (for me). I only go to the party just before the fireworks because that's the only part I care about, so I can deal with the crowds if I have to!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter