Sagamore Hotel--These Guests Are NOT DVC'ers!

MdmMim

DIS Veteran
In Sunday's local paper, there was a Northeast Traveler insert which had a little info about the Sagamore. I thought it was quite interesting! I'll quote it here:

"Talk about overstaying your welcome: Among the hotel's first guests in the 1880s was a couple who reportedly visits Trillium, the hotel's fine dining restaurant, to this day. The ghostly pair doesn't disturb anyone; they simply descend from the second floor and take a seat in the restaurant's reception room. Mr. Brown's Pub is also haunted, according to a former cook. He left the job shortly after a woman with flowing blond hair wearing a long, white evening gown spoke to him, walked toward him and then, stepped straight through him."

Those of you who someday might visit this lovely resort just might have a nice visit from this couple.

Sounds fascinating, eh?? ;)

I may have to booooook a room!

:earseek:

I would love to stay in a place that has the stigma of being haunted.
Would it be mean to NOT tell my wife about it?

Thanx for sharing... :cool:

Lol!!! I just got this image in my head of DVCer's haunting the DVC resorts - those that still won't give up their DVC even from beyond the great beyond!! :p

Think about it - the points would be sooo much lower!!!

;)

For those of you have seen "The Shining", the Sagamore has a definate feel of that movie. As you walk down the hallways of the Main building late at night, or look at various old pictures throughout the resort, that movie is what comes to mind. It is a great old hotel.

HBC

Originally posted by SleepyatDVC
Lol!!! I just got this image in my head of DVCer's haunting the DVC resorts ;)

Can you just imagine many, many years from now walking down the halls of BWV and Richyams hovering around you, saying:

"Are you tired walking down this loooong hallway?"
"At OKW, you can park next to your room."
"OKW is still the only true DVC resort!!"

it sends shivers down your spine....

I can picture the DVC spirits asking the Spirit Reservation Office, " Is it OK for 5 of us to stay in a 1BR?" :p

Is this the resort on Lake George?

We were going to go over for a drink the night of the big blackout, so we never made it.:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter