Safety Rails on Bed that drops from Ceiling?

DutchsMommy

DIS Veteran
I think my DS (3) would LOVE the idea of sleeping in the "hidden" bed, but I am worried he might roll out. Can you get bedrails that could go on this bed? Are they on both sides? What about the ends - could he roll off the end of the bed? Maybe he should just sleep on the couch and I won't tell him about the bed at all?

Also, does anyone know if 8542 has the "bed-in-the-ceiling"?

Originally posted by DutchsMommy
I think my DS (3) would LOVE the idea of sleeping in the "hidden" bed, but I am worried he might roll out. Can you get bedrails that could go on this bed? Are they on both sides? What about the ends - could he roll off the end of the bed? Maybe he should just sleep on the couch and I won't tell him about the bed at all?

Also, does anyone know if 8542 has the "bed-in-the-ceiling"?

we were in 8564, which is a Cat 4. I think 8542 is also a Cat 4 which means you'll have the sofa bed, bunk bed and the murphy bed that comes down from the wall. The bunk bed that comes out of the ceiling has a bed rail. you only need it on one side, because the wall is on the other. can't help you with falling off the ends, my kids are older (7 1/2 and 9). I have pics of the cabin and beds...
http://community.webshots.com/user/phylliskelly

our 3 1/2 year old DS and our 5 1/2 year old DD, never fell
out. they each fought to sleep up there. there is a railing
on the side facing out. I was worried and made sure that the ground would be soft for their landing on the first night :)

sandy

DS slept up there when he was 3 1/2 and had no problem. As mentioned above, there is a rail on there.

We brought the bunks down and my 6.5 year old almost fell trying to get down the ladder. The ladder doesn't attach as secure as I would have liked. They ended up grounded in the bottom bunks during the high seas as well. She tends to be very mobile and more than once had her head off the edge. The rails don't go all the way down. More like the half the bed and positioned in the middle.

DG

I agree that the ladder is more of a danger than the bed. My DD(8) fell off while climbing down. My DS (4) however, slept up there with no problems and there is no child alive that moves more than him while sleeping (LOL).

Yes, bed rails are available. Just ask your room steward. However, as other posters say, they're not that big and the ladder could be secured better. HTH

Our daughters were fighting over the bunk bed and they both on seperate occaisions fell going up ro down. They were 10 & 11. The beds are very secure...these kids breakdance in their sleep and didn't fall out!!! I agree with the others that the ladders are more of a problem than the beds!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter