Safest sunscreen for 11 month old?

NOLA_Tink

Jambo, y'all!
Does anyone have recommendations for a safe sunscreen for an 11 month old? I've never had to put it on him before, but I know it will be necessary for our trip. Thanks!!

Badger brand baby sunscreen or California Baby sunscreen. Also Burts Bees makes a sunscreen stick that we use.

EWG.org has a great list of "safe" sunscreens

Another vote for California Baby! We may try The Honest Company this year as well.

Thanks for the helpful responses! I was looking at the EWG.com site earlier, but I wasn't sure how 'official' that info was. It's reassuring to hear from others that it's reputable. Thanks!!

Definitely look at the EWG link provided up thread. Many people do not realize commercial sunscreens are loaded with hormone disrupters and other nasty chemicals. Even things labeled as baby or kids. I only use mineral based sunscreens for my son and myself. I tend to buy water babies pure and simple (not regular eater babies) as it's mineral based, fairly cheap, and available everywhere. His daycare asks for spray sunscreen only, so I buy the honest company's mineral spray for daycare. I may have to start using that at home for him too....he's 7 and starting to balk at the "baby" screen in the bright pink bottle I've been buying. Boys!

Honest Company has a spray sunscreen? My son has sensory issues and will only use the spray kind. Does it work well? Do you have to reapply a lot? Where do you get it? (I usually buy the best rated spray but last I checked it was some kind of coppertone).

Blue lizard. It's a physical block. You have to rub it but it works very well
This is what my ped has always recommended. However, I have used many greener brands on my kids. I also have always used the Coppertone Babies face stick. At 11 months, you don't have to worry about the thin skin/high absorption nearly as much as under 6 months. I know it is a great debate, but I much prefer to put on sunscreen with an unsavory blocking ingredient than expose skin to UVA & B...and I am a green, organic, crunchy person. Sometimes it is a lesser of two evils situation.

Definitely look at the EWG link provided up thread. Many people do not realize commercial sunscreens are loaded with hormone disrupters and other nasty chemicals. Even things labeled as baby or kids. I only use mineral based sunscreens for my son and myself. I tend to buy water babies pure and simple (not regular water babies) as it's mineral based, fairly cheap, and available everywhere. His daycare asks for spray sunscreen only, so I buy the honest company's mineral spray for daycare. I may have to start using that at home for him too....he's 7 and starting to balk at the "baby" screen in the bright pink bottle I've been buying. Boys!

I am going to look for the Honest Company sunscreen. I was not a huge fan of some of their products before, but it has been a few years, and the idea of a "safe" spray sunscreen is just too tempting with 2 beach bum boys.

We used the Honest Company sunscreen on our baby last summer/fall and he didn't seem to mind it. We used the tube, not a spray.

Does anyone have recommendations for a safe sunscreen for an 11 month old? I've never had to put it on him before, but I know it will be necessary for our trip. Thanks!!
We use Aveeno's Sunscreen on our twins since they were 8months old. Our yard is mostly in the sun and so are all of our playgrounds we go to and the lake we swim at. Aveeno brand seems to really stay on. They've never gotten sunburned and they are 4.5yrs old now.

When my kids were small I put them in a one piece sun protective clothing...we called it the sun-suit! The company is called NO ZONE Clothing company. The clothing is rated UPF 50+, blocks out more than 98% of the sun's UV radiation. I think there is a Canadian and a US website. The sun-suit was great for swimming and sitting on the beach and gave good coverage from ankles down to wrists, and a half-coller that covered the back of their neck. When they got hot we just dunked them in the water, it was light and dried fast. Might not be so comfy if your little one is sitting in a stroller though...they also have great hats and sunglasses...

We love alba botanica fragrance free, works great, natural, not greasy, and not tested on animals.

We use Badger brand for my daughter. My daughter has a reaction to every other kind. Badger has good ratings on EWG. I haven't tried any spray kinds recently because I had used it once on my older son and it ruined some of the poly on our hardwood floors. I always check with EWG before I buy sunscreen to make sure I buy the safest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter