• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Safe Passage Question

What did you do to get/provide the lot numbers? I have 4 of us, mine was approved, the other 3 did not have lot numbers (we all went different places). I have lot numbers for 1.5 of the rejected cards, can I have write those in? I think I need to go to my local health dept for 1 of the numbers (where the shot was given), and to the pharmacy for the other 2. 2 weeks is not enough time to try to work out any kinks in vaccination verification!

I was lucky in that my lot #s were on my cards with the stickers provided where I got the shots. I'm not sure about your state, but WA state has an online registry of vaccinations and I *think* a photo copy of your state's records should be sufficient as I would expect those to have all the information that Safe Passage needs.

I was lucky in that my lot #s were on my cards with the stickers provided where I got the shots. I'm not sure about your state, but WA state has an online registry of vaccinations and I *think* a photo copy of your state's records should be sufficient as I would expect those to have all the information that Safe Passage needs.
I’m headed to my county board of health, my kids ‘official’ vaccination record online with their pcp doesn’t have the lot numbers either. I resent my hubbys card, because I had an email from the company that did the shots, with the lot numbers. I wrote them on his card hoping they’ll take it. I read from 1 person, that once the handwritten card is rejected, they won’t take it again, but someone else said their husband‘a card was missing his DOB, and that he wrote it on there and resent, and that worked. Trying all angles at this point.

Trying to get everything in order in advance. These Disboards are a wealth of information. We are sailing on 11/14 so will be creating the safe passage account in a few days. I have an email from safe passage from 0/22 when I asked about what documents to upload. They really didn't answer my question but they included the required document information that is needed in the email. It did not include lot numbers. After reading this thread I decided to contact Safe Passage customer support. I asked about the lot numbers and they said lot numbers are required. I also mentioned that. the information on the CDC cards are handwritten and the lot numbers may be difficult to decipher. Her answer was to get a document from the State of NJ with lot numbers or otherwise do the zoom testing prior to sailing. The state uses Dockett which has the vaccine information but does not include lot numbers so really not happy with the response.

I then called DCL and was assured that if safe passage rejected the vaccine cards that I should bing them to the port where they will be verified which should not be a problem. So my plan is to upload the documents to safe passage and if rejected bring everything to the port for verification.

Has anyone else who had their vaccine cards rejected by safe passage brought the cards to the port and had them accepted at the port without issue? What have your experiences been?

Trying to get everything in order in advance. These Disboards are a wealth of information. We are sailing on 11/14 so will be creating the safe passage account in a few days. I have an email from safe passage from 0/22 when I asked about what documents to upload. They really didn't answer my question but they included the required document information that is needed in the email. It did not include lot numbers. After reading this thread I decided to contact Safe Passage customer support. I asked about the lot numbers and they said lot numbers are required. I also mentioned that. the information on the CDC cards are handwritten and the lot numbers may be difficult to decipher. Her answer was to get a document from the State of NJ with lot numbers or otherwise do the zoom testing prior to sailing. The state uses Dockett which has the vaccine information but does not include lot numbers so really not happy with the response.

I then called DCL and was assured that if safe passage rejected the vaccine cards that I should bing them to the port where they will be verified which should not be a problem. So my plan is to upload the documents to safe passage and if rejected bring everything to the port for verification.

Has anyone else who had their vaccine cards rejected by safe passage brought the cards to the port and had them accepted at the port without issue? What have your experiences been?
I have not, since this will be our 1st sailing - though I’m glad to hear that DCL can approve at the port. If our county printed records still reject, that’s going to be my plan of action. I’m starting to feel less stressed, though I am mentally exhausted. FYI we sail 11/6, so if I go this route I’ll try to update as soon as we’re cleared.

Agreed, Between this safe passage issue and the online check-in process which apparently doesn't get approved until the last minute I am also very stressed. I like to plan ahead and this does not help.

At least DCL seams to have improved their phone support wait times. I got right through to DCL without waiting.

I am on the Wish on 11/11 and wondering how long it takes to get the online check in verified? I also am worried about my shot records, have them and hoping they don't get rejected. I think tomorrow is the first day (17 prior) that I am able to try and upload the cards.

I’m like you and like to plan ahead and have everything approved and ready to go! We also leave on the 11/14 cruise!

After seeing all the problems people are having on safe passage, I checked my cards and they have lot numbers on both my card and my husbands but I’m also going to download my card from the states website where everything is legible just to be sure and bring our cards with us when we arrive at port!

I am on the Wish on 11/11 and wondering how long it takes to get the online check in verified? I also am worried about my shot records, have them and hoping they don't get rejected. I think tomorrow is the first day (17 prior) that I am able to try and upload the cards.
I think ours were approved about a week out. I wouldn't stress about it not being approved right away, it takes a while. And, Safe Passage gives you the chance to resubmit if something gets rejected. If nothing else, you can bring all your documents to port and show them there. I know waiting is stressful, but as long as you have all the required info they'll let you on the ship!

as long as you have all the required info they'll let you on the ship!
This seems to be the recent problem, though. Nowhere on DCL's site does it indicate that LOT number is required info. So if cards are rejected because that is missing, that card likely won't be accepted at the port, either. And if it is accepted at the port without LOT, then why is SafePassage requiring it of others in advance?

It is my understanding from DCL that the lot numbers are used to verify the vaccines by safe passage. I do not recall if the CM said that lot numbers would not be required at the port.My conversation with the CM was about being able to read the lot numbers. I was told I still need to upload the information to Safe Passage and bring the uploaded information to the port if rejected because safe passage could not read the lot numbers. While I am sure that DCL at the port is not going to take the time to verify lot numbers when inspecting the documents we didn't get into what would happen if I brought documents that did not have lot numbers.

It was my impression from talking to the CM that safe passage is just a way to shorten the boarding process by pre approving the vaccines but if there is an issue you can bring the docs to the port.

The team that writes the DCL web site information really needs to get their act together. The information from the website is woefully incomplete just like the lack of online check-in information of what is needed prior to actually starting that process.

What stresses me out is finding out about this issue with about three weeks left before the cruise which leaves very little time to resolve the issue prior to uploading documents to Safe Passage. Hopefully the information on these boards will help others who have more time to fix the documents etc needed for safe passage and the online check-in

My husband and I both uploaded our vaccine records. I got my confirmation back on Saturday that I was confirmed. Husband got his back rejected. They said they couldn't make out the date on the card. However, that was just for second vaccine and in addition to that we both have had 3 booster shots. Go Figure. He has requested his vaccine record from our county and will see when we get it.

We leave on 11/10 and board the Wish on 11/11. Still no approval on the Online Registration approval, still saying pending. Anyone on that sailing that has been approved?

We leave on 11/10 and board the Wish on 11/11. Still no approval on the Online Registration approval, still saying pending. Anyone on that sailing that has been approved?
We are sailing on the Wish on 11/14. I did our online check in 30 days prior to departure. We received our Clear to Arrive email on 10/27. Safe Passage completed today and am waiting for Clear to Sail.

I'm on the sailing before you,11/7, and I just got verified a few days ago.
I sure hope ours comes through. My SafePassage came back quickly, but not this online checkin thing. I hate to be worrying about it. Hopefully all works out and it goes through here in the next day or so.

We sail 11/11. Husbands was rejected this morning even though his card shows the lot numbers. Mine is still pending approval m, since last Thursday. In my opinion, this is beyond ridiculous.

We sail 11/11. Husbands was rejected this morning even though his card shows the lot numbers. Mine is still pending approval m, since last Thursday. In my opinion, this is beyond ridiculous.
Oh Man, I sure hope this works out okay for both of us. Hubby and I are celebrating our 35th Wedding Anniversary and his birthday on 11/12.

Oh Man, I sure hope this works out okay for both of us. Hubby and I are celebrating our 35th Wedding Anniversary and his birthday on 11/12.
I have every confidence that everything will fall into place. I have a long and close relationship with the Disney Company and they eventually either get it right or will make it right.

You can email or call them and ask why.

EMAIL: DCLsupport@inspirediagnostics.com

In the body of the E-mail, please include your full name, reservation number and contact number followed by your question.

1-877-250-5132

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter