• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Safe passage: approval for vaccinated under-5 year old

cat83

Mouseketeer
Is anyone on a sailing starting 9/23 with a vaccinated under 5 year old?
We’re sailing 9/26, and our entire family has been cleared to sail- EXCEPT for the youngest (who is fully vaccinated, and has their card properly uploaded, lot numbers and dates all very clear and valid).
And a few others in our group are having the same experience.
I’m just wondering what the delay is and why they aren’t yet clearing/approving specifically that age group.
We haven’t received any communication or denial- it’s just still pending while the rest of the room is cleared.

We sailed when testing was still required, so this might not be applicable, but it took my son's vaccine card longer to be approved than everyone else's. The adults were approved in a day or so, while his took a week and I had to email Safe Passage to request an update before they actually approved it.

From what I heard, they have different people reviewing the vaccine cards for that age group.

We sailed when testing was still required, so this might not be applicable, but it took my son's vaccine card longer to be approved than everyone else's. The adults were approved in a day or so, while his took a week and I had to email Safe Passage to request an update before they actually approved it.

From what I heard, they have different people reviewing the vaccine cards for that age group.
Thank you! That’s very helpful.
I won’t worry quite yet, then :)

When did you upload? Can take 5-7 days. after 5 days, I would email them and that should get it prioritized.

I sailed on the Fantasy on 9/3-9/10 with a fully vaccinated toddler and had the same problem:
I called Safe Passage, was informed his vaccine card review would be expedited, and it was approved within 90 minutes. So calling Safe Passage may have helped or the fact that we were 9 days out from sailing may have prioritized the review.

When did you upload? Can take 5-7 days. after 5 days, I would email them and that should get it prioritized.
We’re at 5 days now, but everyone in the sailing group was approved at 2 and 3 days. Only the under 5 kids remain now.
I sailed on the Fantasy on 9/3-9/10 with a fully vaccinated toddler and had the same problem:
I called Safe Passage, was informed his vaccine card review would be expedited, and it was approved within 90 minutes. So calling Safe Passage may have helped or the fact that we were 9 days out from sailing may have prioritized the review.
Thanks! I’ll reach out to them. Now that we don’t have to test I’m anxious to get them cleared and not have issues when we arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter