• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Safari while pregnant

JM1226

Mouseketeer
I've been reading conflicting advice on this plus someone just came back in Feb and told me its a pretty smooth ride. Do I attempt this or not?

I'm 5 months pregnant.

I've been reading conflicting advice on this plus someone just came back in Feb and told me its a pretty smooth ride. Do I attempt this or not?

I'm 5 months pregnant.

It's like going down a very bumpy road.

Would not risk. God forbid your placenta detached from a huge bump or drop. You would never forgive yourself. It is not worth it.

While I have obtained a wealth of knowledge from these boards I don't think I would trust this kind of a question to a bunch of strangers sitting at their computers/smart phones. I would suggest you ask your doctor. Each pregnancy is not the same and only your MD knows your situation.

While I have obtained a wealth of knowledge from these boards I don't think I would trust this kind of a question to a bunch of strangers sitting at their computers/smart phones. I would suggest you ask your doctor. Each pregnancy is not the same and only your MD knows your situation.

Agree--which is why I only described the attraction as best I know. ;)

Thanks...But I leave tomorrow and I totally just thought of it bc I once read it here a long time ago. I'll probably sit it out to be safe...I've seen animals before.

Yep, I'd definitely skip it. Parts of the ride are extremely bumpy -- teeth-jarring!

I've hit some pretty big bups on that ride, so I wouldn't risk it. The decision is all yours, and it sounds like you made a good one.

Agree--which is why I only described the attraction as best I know. ;)

Mesaboy2,

Of the thousands of posts that I have read by you, I just now noticed in your signature the 6 park 6 pack............ VERY IMPRESSIVE! Even added things along the way.

Just to be the voice of dissent, I guess, I did ride it when I was 6 months pregnant, and it wasn't even as bad as I was expecting. I asked to sit in the front and that may have helped. Obviously though, only do what you are comfortable with. My DR told me I couldn't ride ANYTHING. Not eve IASW! Needless to say, I rode plenty. I had no issues or complications, he was just trying to cover his butt I suppose. Just trust your own instincts :)

I did it while pregnant for both my girls. My OB told me that I should use my best judgement. I was pregnant in Maine in the winter time. Our everyday roads were worse then this ride.

So I guess..... use your best judgement is the best advice I can give.

Now I feel bad - I rode it at 5 months and didn't even give it a second thought (it's no worse than my own driving and the baby has survived that for the last 6 months now ;) ). It never even occured to me not to ride it.

I rode it 6 months pregnant while holding my 9 month old. I felt it was fine for me but I had a very easy pregnancy at that point. If you are concerned please call you doctor and leave a cell number where they can call you on vacation with a recommendation.

My last ride in November 2012 was very bumpy. I was seated in the middle of the vehicle and my bottom left the seat a few times.

I don't think I would risk it.

I know I didn't ride it when I was 6 months pregnant and at Disney.

I agree with what others have said - everyone is different and every OB has different suggestions.

I remember when I asked my OB about doing things when pregnant at WDW. He reminded me that I spent my work days on gravel roads in the oilfield, so he doubted that much at Disney was going to jar me any more than that. :) But that was my frame of reference and while I did ride the safari ride, I didn't go on the Rock N Roller Coaster or ToT.

Make your own call and feel good about it! I rode it at 7 mon pregnant but had ridden it before so knew what to expect. My Dr. had told me to use my judgement for any rides I went on...if you aren't comfortable then sit it out..there is always next time :)

If you want to see the animals I would make a trip over to the AKL and watch them from there. I hear you can ask for nigh vision glasses and see them after dark. I have not yet been there but hope to next trip.

I went to wdw at 6 months pregnant(I didnt ride, thankfully I had already done so on a previous trip), personally I wouldnt. The wdw site says its not recommended and I just don't think any ride would be worth the risk =)

I decided better safe than sorry when I was pregnant with my DD. My suggestion: skip it and use that as your excuse to get back to WDW ASAP 8( ;0D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter