Sad....recieved some special items today

Spinning

<font color=deeppink>Give me a chunk of something
From an old friend...well not really from her but from her mom. Several years ago a dear friend of my became terminally ill. It was hard. She left behind a husband and 2 very small children.
This board helped me to create a gift of memories for her and her family. Through many scrappers help I was able to create and organize several scrap books for her family. Unfortunately Vicki died before we finished all of them. I gave her a scrapbook tool box, filled with things for her to work on.

Unfortunately she didnt get to use all of the stuff and her mom is getting ready to move and wanted me to have them. It was hard to go through the box and see the things we didn't finish and see the things she use...

I know right now this board is going through a lot of stuff....but I hope everyone remembers the community of this board and that we do stand together and help. I have been around for a long time and know these ups and downs do work out......It isn't about traditional vs paper. But about a group of people who want to encourage and share.

today I was reminded how people here helped me and a friend they never knew......

That's so sweet that you all created special scrapbooks for her family. Im sorry she's not here to appreciate all the hard work that you put in to the albums. How sweet that her mother wanted you to have the Scrapbook Toolbox! Im sorry for your loss but hope you can rejoice in the memories tha she did leave behind ((hugs))

I know right now this board is going through a lot of stuff....but I hope everyone remembers the community of this board and that we do stand together and help. I have been around for a long time and know these ups and downs do work out......It isn't about traditional vs paper. But about a group of people who want to encourage and share.

:grouphug: I don't think I was active here then but I know another time we put together a package of things for a fellow scrapper fighting cancer. She passed away not too long after but it was good to be able to do something. Thank you for the reminder of what we were.

:hug:

how thoughtful of her mom to give it back to you.

:hug:

:angel:

Thank you for reminding us of the good, rather than the ugly that has been predominate here this week. Lately, I've been reluctant to open threads for fear of the tone. My thoughts and prayers for you, your friend's family and children.

Life is too short and too precious. :hug:

Thanks everyone. That was such a hard time in my life to loose someone so young and close to me. I still get very emotional when I think about. I think more now when I look at how blessed I have been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter