Sad News

Jets fan

DIS Veteran
I haven't been around over the last two weeks as after a long illness my father passed away on 20 May in Plymouth. Although my sisters and I are really sad, what makes things more bearable are the memories and wonderful pictures. We were lucky enough to be able to take our parents to Disney for 2weeks as our guests, at Old Key West on two occasions and they fell in love with all things Disney. We have many pictures of our dad in Disney sweatshirts thoroughly enjoying himself.

At the funeral we played 'We go on' from the Epcot Illuminations as our walk out at the end of the ceremony music and it was just lovely and absolutely perfect.

Memories really are everything when something bad happens to people you love.

Tina

So sorry to hear your news. What lovely memories you have of him at Disney and they'll be with you forever :hug:

How comforting for you to have such happy memories to help you cope with the loss of your father. I'm sure you would have had many happy times to recall even if you hadn't had the chance to share your love of WDW with him, but those memories will be even more comforting when they come flooding back to you whenever you re-visit WDW.

At the funeral we played 'We go on' from the Epcot Illuminations as our walk out at the end of the ceremony music and it was just lovely and absolutely perfect.

What a wonderful choice! I remember the music from Illuminations being amazingly evocative when I visited WDW a few months after my father died 10 years ago - it just seemed particularly poignant, somehow. He is still foremost in my thoughts whenever I watch Illuminations now.

Take care and revisit your happy memories often :hug:.

Sorry to hear your sad news about your Dad, it's lovely that you have so many wonderful memories to think about though. :hug:

so sorry to hear your sad news, you will always have your wonderful memories of your dad :hug:

Sorry to hear your news. :hug: How special that you have such precious memories. :hug:

Such sad news Tina, thought are with you and your family. I'm pleased to hear you have many happy memories of times spent with your father though :hug:

Sorry to hear about the passing of your dad Tina :hug:

Sorry to hear your sad news. Big hugs to you. :hug:

Very sorry to hear of your sad news :hug:. Unfortunatley People don't last a lifetime but Memories do,so glad you have many,many memories :hug:.Take care.x.

So sorry to hear your news. What lovely memories you have of him at Disney and they'll be with you forever :hug:

Hi Tina, Sorry to hear your news. I lost my Mum 5 years ago(next week) sudden age 59. Very hard to accept but fortunately we took our 2 Mums away with us each Xmas both to Florida and Spain and we have very happy memories. My Brother living 200 miles away in Wiltshire only saw her once or twice a year and never went away with her, it was 10 times worse for him, having to deal with the loss and guilt. The memories will help you though it.:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter