Sad news.......PI closing forever 09/27/08!

As tragic as it is, what's even more scary is the direction the company is going with its own land and attitude regarding money. I'll be surprised if the people in the magic kingdom are actually Disney cast members in 20 years.

I hear what you're saying in your post, and I sympathize with those of you who have wonderful memories of PI. But I think that last statement was a bit dramatic. No one ever likes to see their favorite attractions close -- there are people who still mourn the loss of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. But the planners behind the scenes still have to move forward and I think they do a great job overall. No one is going to agree with all of their decisions.

There are shops (yes SHOPS) that I miss. Disney at Home was one of my favorite stores. Maybe it will show up along the strip again. :lovestruc Hey, a girl can hope.

And along that line -- shopping and restaurants ARE part of what I love about WDW. It's not like I go to DTD to shop at Banana Republic -- it's a unique shopping experience that's a destination in and of itself. I think it diminishes the reality to reduce it to simply shopping that we could do at home in Jersey, cuz we really can't. :confused:

As I said, I sympathize with those of you who will miss the PI experience as it is now, but all of us have lost favorite experiences over the years. I still miss the little homemade bread loaves you could get at the MK years ago. But I'm not going to let that sour my experience now. You may find that the experience will be richer than you think after the changes -- give it a chance. :hippie:

There are shops (yes SHOPS) that I miss. Disney at Home was one of my favorite stores. Maybe it will show up along the strip again. :lovestruc Hey, a girl can hope.

I miss the Jessica store that used to be on PI myself.

And I think part of what Zulmera is talking about are the other changes going on at WDW. The next WDW resort is giong to be....The Four Seasons.

There's going to be a new shopping area on Disney property behind Coronado, as well as a new value resort and low-income housing. All on Disney property, none operated by Disney.

With the recent outsourcings of 3rd shift custodial and valet, there are also now rumors of bell services, bartenders, adn secruity following suit soon.

Dude, you admitted to spending $400 a week on booze at WDW in another thread. If you are still sober after drinking that much, we need to introduce you to these lovely 12 steps. :rotfl:

I didn't say I was sober.. I said "What if..." Aren't I tricky?

Is that a lot or something???? :rolleyes1

Not for Conck and I ... just about right in fact.

$400 is enough to cover the bar tab for both Corey and I for a year. :lmao:

And for the other 50 weeks a year that I'm not at Disney ... For my drinkin money.. You could add five years together and you wouldn't get $400.

In all fairness, that was to cover my drinks too. I'm quarter irish fish, on my father's side ;)

And this is also true.

Plus... every drink I get at PI is basically 10$ with tip. That's quite a bit more than anywhere else you might go.

The friend who I'm taking with me to WDW in October is.....well......let's just say he drinks a lot. :rolleyes1 I told him the other night that PI was closing in September. He just kind of looked at me and said, "You know I can go a few days without drinking."

Besides Epcot, where do ya'll recommend going now that PI will be closing? :drinking1

Hey Knox...

I was just being silly. No one can be such a diligent mod, be so witty and be a hopeless drunk. Everyone is allowed to cut loose once in a while. Please don't get upset with me/us. I wasn't attempting to BBQ your butt.

Please don't be mad. :hug:

$400 is enough to cover the bar tab for both Corey and I for a year. :lmao:

And for the other 50 weeks a year that I'm not at Disney ... For my drinkin money.. You could add five years together and you wouldn't get $400.

Honestly, the only reason why our total reaches so high is from purchasing wine at the F&W Fest, buying alcohol for relatives at the holidays, and from Corey's alcohol consumption on business trips. I rarely drink more than 2 alcoholic beverages in an evening and I usually only drink 2 or 3 days out of the year, if at all.

I miss the Jessica store that used to be on PI myself.

And I think part of what Zulmera is talking about are the other changes going on at WDW. The next WDW resort is giong to be....The Four Seasons.

There's going to be a new shopping area on Disney property behind Coronado, as well as a new value resort and low-income housing. All on Disney property, none operated by Disney.

With the recent outsourcings of 3rd shift custodial and valet, there are also now rumors of bell services, bartenders, adn secruity following suit soon.

Where's the nail on the head emote?

So I wanted to chime in and defend $400.00 on drinks at Disney!

When I go to gay week I go for 4 - 6 days and $1,000.00 for food and drinks minimum !!!!That's just my money not counting everyone else with me. I don 't have a drink with every lunch and dinner at home but when I'm on vacation with the boy's I am having drinks ( beer , wine , cocktails and shots ) every meal but breakfast and we even then we make mimosa's or bloody mary's with breakfast. I'm lucky if I drink on a Saturday night here at home.

All my other trips during the year involves having kids with me so I limit myself to maybe having wine with dinner.

I do not think I could go to Disney with the boys with just $400.00 for drinks. One night at 8trax drinking bud light with tip is an easy $100.00

ok so now I sound like a complete drunk <G> and you know sometimes in Disney during Gay week I just might be and I'm alright with that.

Mike , I'll have to keep the Turf Club in mind . If I hand you $20.00 and tell you what resort I'm at , you'll need to call me a cab when we're done drinking with you and , you'll be in for one heck of a night <VBG> !

:drinking1

OK I will say it......We like to drink. :cool2:

$400.....would never last us for a week. (well maybe if we were not on vacation :eek: ). You should see our tabs on a cruise, we often spend more on booze than the cost of the cruise....after all isn’t that what they are for? :cutie:

So with all of that said...I can't believe I have never made it PI !! (Of course maybe I just was never sober enough to find my way) :laughing:

I am kidding....a little.

thats awesome! Ebay is a GREAT way to market. Throw in some tags like Disney, pleasure island, dancing, a whole number of things and it'll come up as a search result pretty easy.

I have my suspicions about who may be behind this. I'll ask, and if I'm right, pass your suggestions along.

I just heard that Kevin Lansberry has been in the AC preventing people from handing out literature to save the club. People are trying to get the word out about it closing and he is trying to stop them! I only hope I see the day he gets fired for what he is doing

I just heard that Kevin Lansberry has been in the AC preventing people from handing out literature to save the club. People are trying to get the word out about it closing and he is trying to stop them! I only hope I see the day he gets fired for what he is doing

It's not Kevin Lansberry himself. It's just Disney security. But yeah, it's happened.

yeah well guess where the orders came down from...

Oh yeah. Word is he's VERY perturbed by all the "Save the Island" and "Save the Club" emails, voice mails, and letters he's getting.

Well, to that I say TOUGH SPIT! I'm perturbed that they're closing the clubs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter