Sad News - Bob Hope dies

Goofyish

DIS Veteran
Another of the great comedians passes away - very sad :(

At 100 he had a good innings though.

That is sad :( I loved watching his movies when I was growing up. He was a very funny man.

Annmarie

Sad - but if it means we get loads of re-runs of the old "Road to ....." films with Bob and Bing, something good will be done.

When we were in St Pete's Beach 2 years ago we were paying for some goods in Publix and at the check-outs newstand was a US weekly magazine saying how gravely ill he was and wasn't expected to last the week . . . . so he's hung on then.

Sad, yes, but he had become so feeble that I'm sure it was a blessed release.

His family has asked that we celebrate a life well lived.

I'm sure most of you guys already know this, but maybe not. He was born a Brit.

Yes Steph - he left here when he was four and the media were right there with him when he went back to visit where he originally lived.

There was a programme tribute to him a little while ago presented by Bob Monkhouse and I thought the signs didn't look too good when his wife and daughter took part but he didn't appear at all.

I heard on the news that right to the last he kept his wonderful sense of humour - his wife asked him where he would like to be buried and he said ........... "surprise me!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter