Sad little crab cakes returns!!

Jennygt

DIS Veteran
I loved the podcast from the guys on the road, but, I really missed the whole gang! SO good to see John, Kevin and Kathy this week. :yay: The review of coral reef was great. We went there 6 years ago and found pretty much what Kevin and John did. I can also add that I found it to be VERY loud. It almost had a cafeteria vibe? We took DS thinking that the fishtank would be a huge hit, ehh. Well he was only 1 and we were on the 3rd tier. I think that they could do so much better here also. Just my 2 cents.

I just watched it and Kevin's reviews never disappoint me. Actually seeing that photo of John's pasta with the oil underneath it and then hearing the price had my head shaking. Wow, talk about overpriced crap. I guess this is why I only do a couple of sit-down meals during our vacations anymore. Otherwise it's either off-site, in our villa, or counter-service.

Thanks Disney Dining Plan, you have ruined the dining experience at WDW.

We just returned from a trip to the Southwest. My daughter ordered a mushroom burger at a lodge. The server places a HUGE plate in front of her with this slider sized bun in the middle. She looks up and says"that's one sad crab cake"! Lol. We all had a good laugh, which lead to a discussion of the podcasts, Disapalooza, and Disney.

Even during a non-Disney trip we can't escape talking about t! ;)

Love when the old gang is together! We love the video podcasts, but we are used to listening during walks or in the car. Would love a monthly old fashioned audio podcast with the entire crew and peanut gallery!

... We love the video podcasts, but we are used to listening during walks or in the car. Would love a monthly old fashioned audio podcast with the entire crew and peanut gallery!

You can find the audio version of each show by clicking on orange "open show notes" button under the video edition.

Could someone please post a link to the original "sad little crabcake" Coral Reef review?

Thanks, yes, I know about the audio versions. That's how we listen most of the time. My comment was directed more towards the inclusion of the old podcast regulars.

Yes, some of the details about this meal were definitely somewhat shocking. I've never ventured far enough past the main entrance to the pavilion to even see this dining location. And don't expect I ever will; except for maybe to take a peak at the lovely mosaics. :sick:

Is there any way to modernize this venue? It seems that the entire concept is too far gone and doubt that any sort of rehab could revive it.

And yes, the Disney Dining Plan has been the bane of WDW dining experiences in more ways than one. Which is certainly a shame since it is clear that many foodies will make a pilgrimage to Food and Wine alone, so the demand for quality food is there. I guess some people are too oblivious to the folly of the Dining Plan.

Wow! I listened to the podcast and laughed at the sad little crab cake comment, but the picture is just awful. This must be really disappointing for a meal. I ate there on our first trip in 2006 and have never gone back.

mikethedigiartist said:
Yes, some of the details about this meal were definitely somewhat shocking. I've never ventured far enough past the main entrance to the pavilion to even see this dining location. And don't expect I ever will; except for maybe to take a peak at the lovely mosaics. :sick:

Is there any way to modernize this venue? It seems that the entire concept is too far gone and doubt that any sort of rehab could revive it.

And yes, the Disney Dining Plan has been the bane of WDW dining experiences in more ways than one. Which is certainly a shame since it is clear that many foodies will make a pilgrimage to Food and Wine alone, so the demand for quality food is there. I guess some people are too oblivious to the folly of the Dining Plan.

I adore the mosaics! I always want to spend more time looking at them but my family thinks I'm crazy (which they usually do...) I don't adore Coral Reef however. The wait was very long - about 45 min at least. Food was definitely overpriced & under flavored (& sad - LOL!) And the place was loud!! When we were there, a little girl SCREAMED during our whole meal - not the restaurant's fault but I really felt trapped. And our slow wisecracking waitress didn't help matters. I don't think I'll be going back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter