Sad...but home from 1/29/05 Western

TooPure4u

DIS Veteran
WOW....is all I can say!!!!! Once again, another truly magical and wonderful cruise. Disney is more than dreams come true. I am so sad that it is over. All the way home today, I was telling my son and his gf play by play what this weeks cruisers are doing.....

Anyone ever have Gabor from Hungary or Stoyan from Bulgaria? Stoyan I had first time around but this time I had Gabor with him. They were so awesome.....fought back tears saying good-bye.

Ports were ok....Key West was very nice, Grand Cayman in my opinion was not good at all. I was scheduled to swim with the stingrays but my son got a severe ear ache so we cancelled that one and ended up going to medical. So far my son is ok....will take him to his family doctor this week. We walked a little bit and shopped in Grand Cayman but it was so boring. Cozumel was beautiful. I went to Paradise Beach and had my hair braided while my son climbed the blown up iceberg in the water. We then went to the pool by the restaurant in Paradise Beach. At 2pm we took a taxi to Chankanaub (sp) so that I could make my 3pm appt to swim with the Dolphins. What an awesome experience. My dolphin was Ariel and I cant say enough about how much I have looked forward to doing something like that my whole life. I scheduled that on my own through Dolphin Discovery. I got pictures and a video tape of the excursion. Castaway Cay was not good this trip around. We were very lucky to have been able to dock at all....it was so very windy. While we were away from the dock, I told my family that it didnt look good....that I didnt think we would be able to make it. Well getting off the boat, it was quite chilly and extremely windy. I never took my t-shirt off because it was so cold. It started to rain so about 30 minutes after getting off the ship, we got back on. No big deal, we made the best of it.

Other than that, the shows were phenominal (sp) as usual. Same shows that I saw last year but still worth seeing over and over. I rebooked for the September 16, 2006 cruise with 2 stops to CC, Costa Maya, and Cozumel. Cant wait to go again....need to put my new 600+ counter on...lol.

Started unpacking tonight and came to realize that I am missing my brand new Disney Cruise Line pullover and 6 sample bottles of Victoria Secret perfumes that I purchased before I went on vacation. The plastic casing was still in my suitcase but every bottle of perfume was gone. It had to have happened in Orlando Airport because I put it in there when we turned in the rent-a-car. It was originially in my carry on. I could understand if it had fell out of the casing and shifted around in the luggage but the complete set was gone. I am livid!!!!

Anyway, all and all, the trip was amazing...as expected. If anyone has any questions that I might be able to help with, feel free to ask. I am so exhausted and am swaying back and forth. It's so crazy how bad you still feel the movement after you get off the ship....

Good night all,,,,was nice meeting the dis board people....:) hope you enjoyed your trip as much as I did....

Tracy

Glad to see you had such a great time, and that you are all home safely... On the other hand I bet you would much rather be still on the boat... pirate:

Have not had any of those servers....They make such a special touch though. Happy to hear your son is doing pretty well.

I too have that dream of swimming with the dolphins, I hope next time to do it, it sounded exceptional and worth every penny right?

Sorry to hear about the missing items in your bags....It takes all kinds to make the world doesn't it... :badpc:

Rest up...

Hello Tracy and Robert,
We want you both to know of what a sincere pleasure it was to meet both of you - Robert you are a sweetie - sorry you didn't feel good while on your cruise - Tracy you can tell by your son, you have been a excellent caregiver - my thoughts and prayers go out to both of you that Robert will soon be able to have the life of a teenager without so much medical problems.
Keep in touch and know you all are in thoughts and in prayers.
Always
Shirley and Norm

Glad to hear you had a good time! Is this the Gabor you had? If so, we had him in July 2003.

15424675-S.jpg

We loved him and hope to see him onboard in July of this year.

yes yes yes....that is him!!!! (well he looks a bit older now) Sniff sniff....I miss him. At first we were a little bummed because he was very quiet but after the first day, he was a character.....made us laugh non stop.....

I definitely will request him again......

p.s. how do you put a picture on this thing?????

thanks Tracy

We went through Gabor withdrawls too. My DD's will be so happy to hear he his still around. He did magic tricks for my younger one and she still talks about that.

To include a picture, you have to have it posted on the internet somewhere, then you put the link to it in your post surrounded by
. If you use the insert image icon that is available when you are posting a message, it will put the

Welcome back! :wave: I know that it's hard returning back to real life again. Isn't it amazing how much the Disney CM's can effect you? I still miss my special CM friend Mon.

So glad to hear you had another great cruise!!!

Unfortunately, not eveyone in this world is honest....and it is so hard to put anything in your luggage nowadays...especially since you can only lock them with those cable ties. What's to say that baggage handlers don't have small cutting instruments that they can snip open suitcases anytime they want...and the airlines wonder why people take so much now in their carryons!!!

We just sailed in January and flew home from Tampa the next day...when we got home we noticed that a brand new pack of socks that we bought for my son while in Tampa were gone from his luggage....the plastic pkg was there but every pair of new socks were gone!!!

Granted there were not of much value, but sill it irked me!

Anyway, I know what it is like to have cruise withdrawal...I am just now getting back into my normal routine without constantly saying...oh, they would be going to dinner now, or oh, the show is starting!!!LOL

MJ

Sorry to hear some of your things were missing. DD-5 cried Friday night, she didn't want to get off the Mickey Boat. :banana: But, we kept telling her that in less then 1 year she will be back on. Even though it was windy & rained a little bit we spent the majority of the day on Castaway Cay. DD's played at the beach & had a lot of fun. We are all unpacked (eveything made it home safely with us). Now to get the laundry done. On Saturday we had reserved Happy Limo to pick us up & take us to the airport, we had booked a lg. sedan but, a Hummer stretch limo showed up. It was awesome! Nice meeting you Tracy & your son & his gf.

Clarry

Don't judge Grand Cayman by the day you had there as it started off on the wrong foot for you. It's really a beautiful island and had your son felt better you may have been able to really enjoy it!

Gabor and Toney with my daughter taken on the Jan 4 - 8, 2005, special 4 day Magic Cruise.

f5812532.jpg

Glad to hear you've had a great cruise..I'm going on my second Cruise this April 7-day western caribbean, i cant wait :Pinkbounc , but I've heard that Pin trading with Cast Members has been discontinued, did you notice while on your cruise or was it just a rumor. I'm hoping its a rumor!

I miss Chedomir from my first cruise, i cant request him though because he works on the wonder :'( We used to call him Chedar....we miss him so...*cant wait to go again*

only 62 more days! :hourglass

DCDevil2007 said:
Glad to hear you've had a great cruise..I'm going on my second Cruise this April 7-day western caribbean, i cant wait :Pinkbounc , but I've heard that Pin trading with Cast Members has been discontinued, did you notice while on your cruise or was it just a rumor. I'm hoping its a rumor!

I miss Chedomir from my first cruise, i cant request him though because he works on the wonder :'( We used to call him Chedar....we miss him so...*cant wait to go again*

only 62 more days! :hourglass

The pin trading has been suspended temporarily due to the cold and flu season. Makes no sense to me, but that is what we were told. BTW, we were also on the 1/29 Western and had a blast! The ride home was rough but it was really cool to look out our porthole and see those huge waves1

I was also on the ship 1/29. I think the best thing about the week was the weather. Sunny and warm everyday except Castaway....even then, we hung around Cookies BBQ until 1pm and then the skies cleared up and the sun came out and we swam.....what a beautiful place. My DH and I walked to the Adult beach for the first time and I really enjoyed that.

We did not go to the ship's doctor once. This was our 4th cruise, and every other trip we have wound up at the doctor for on thing or another......that may have been my favorite part...with 5 kids along I was sure we would go there at least once!

I did like Grand Caymen. It was neat to see nature's fury with the hurricane damage. We went to Royal Palm beach and swam and jet skiied.....we had a very good day. My mom is in a wheelchair and she could sit up in the bar and watch us and I could check on her.

We swam with the Dolphin's in Cozumel....yes it is worth every penny.

Sad to be home, will b going back same time next year,
I will be happy to anwser any questins as well,
Lisa

ChrisnSteph said:
The pin trading has been suspended temporarily due to the cold and flu season. Makes no sense to me, but that is what we were told. BTW, we were also on the 1/29 Western and had a blast! The ride home was rough but it was really cool to look out our porthole and see those huge waves1

awww...I was so hopeing that was a rumor too :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter