• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sad about husband's clearest memory of our recent trip.

Talking Hands

<font color=purple><b>|,,|/</b> DEAF DISNEY LOVER<
I am sad that my DH most distinct memory of this last trip is parents changing a dirty diaper on the tables in front of the bakery on Main Street. What were those parents thinking. There are changing tables in rest rooms and they were close to the Baby Care Center. Think I will be taking lysol wipes to clean any table we use next trip. Yikes!

We also had a diapered toddler with us but would never change him on a table where people are going to be eating. Other than that we had a great time with our 21 month old grandson. Just the look on his face at the Lion King show and the Electrical Light Parade was worth it.

I am sad that my DH most distinct memory of this last trip is parents changing a dirty diaper on the tables in front of the bakery on Main Street. What were those parents thinking. There are changing tables in rest rooms and they were close to the Baby Care Center. Think I will be taking lysol wipes to clean any table we use next trip. Yikes!

We also had a diapered toddler with us but would never change him on a table where people are going to be eating. Other than that we had a great time with our 21 month old grandson. Just the look on his face at the Lion King show and the Electrical Light Parade was worth it.

I agree about how wrong that is of them to have done that...BUT it is a little petty that THIS is what your DH chose to take away from it.

Blech! I had a friend who attempted to change her baby's nasty #2 diaper in a restaurant, right at our table! Not only did *I* not want to see that, I'm pretty sure the rest of the lunch crowd was grossed out. I tried to discourage her gently, but she wasn't getting it. I finally had to get firm, even raised my voice and INSISTED "You can't change the baby in here where people are eating!" She took the baby to the restroom but only because I had embarrassed her half to death. We stopped being BFFs after that because she felt that I had overreacted--her baby's poop wasn't all THAT bad. :confused: It was just baby poop, after all.

Some people never get it.

I am sad that my DH most distinct memory of this last trip is parents changing a dirty diaper on the tables in front of the bakery on Main Street.

Other than that we had a great time with our 21 month old grandson. Just the look on his face at the Lion King show and the Electrical Light Parade was worth it.

Does your dh always focus on the negative?

The vast majority of life includes negative aspects. Seems to me that he can see your grandson's joy or he can choose to smell poop. His choice.

Wow....is your DH always such a downer? I agree it's nasty to change a diaper on a dining table, it's hardly what I'd most remember from a trip with my spouse and little grandchild:confused3

I don't know about petty. He is not a big Disney person and usually just sits and people watches while I do the shows. This time grandson and I did the shows. At the time my husband saw this he was sitting and people watching while grandson was asleep in his stroller and I was off watching the show at the castle. What strikes him can be small things as we go several times a year. We will be back in March for my birthday.

Yes, my husband does tend to focus on the negatives of the world. That is just him and after almost 37 years I don't think I can change him. I love him in spite of it.

Blech! I had a friend who attempted to change her baby's nasty #2 diaper in a restaurant, right at our table! Not only did *I* not want to see that, I'm pretty sure the rest of the lunch crowd was grossed out. I tried to discourage her gently, but she wasn't getting it. I finally had to get firm, even raised my voice and INSISTED "You can't change the baby in here where people are eating!" She took the baby to the restroom but only because I had embarrassed her half to death. We stopped being BFFs after that because she felt that I had overreacted--her baby's poop wasn't all THAT bad. :confused: It was just baby poop, after all.

So.... you ruined your friendship with your "BFF", because you felt the need to "embarrassed her half to death"..... In public?? Are you proud of this???

I'm sure shes OK with the fact that your no longer "BFFs" after that..... :sad2:

So.... you ruined your friendship with your "BFF", because you felt the need to "embarrassed her half to death"..... In public?? Are you proud of this???

I'm sure shes OK with the fact that your no longer "BFFs" after that..... :sad2:

She didn't say that...She said the only reason her friend went to the bathroom was because she embarrassed her.

Her friend SHOULD be embarassed. Changing a poopy diaper in a place where people are consuming food??? Gross.

Does your dh always focus on the negative?

The vast majority of life includes negative aspects. Seems to me that he can see your grandson's joy or he can choose to smell poop. His choice.

This.

I'm sorry that your husband is choosing to remember a dirty diaper over his grandson having such a wonderful time.

I agree - his choice is very sad.

I would have done the same as minkydog. IMO, if you're thoughtless enough to change your kid's turdy pants at a dining table in public, you've opened yourself up to a good public shaming. Especially, if you can't take the initial subtle hints to take your kid away from the table to change its diaper.

I'd be okay with the fact that we weren't BFF's as well, as in general, I wouldn't keep a thoughtless friend around for too long, especially if she was angered when I reacted appropriately to a disgusting situation.

And as always, YMMV. :goodvibes

She didn't say that...She said the only reason her friend went to the bathroom was because she embarrassed her.

Her friend SHOULD be embarassed. Changing a poopy diaper in a place where people are consuming food??? Gross.

Ok, and why are they no longer friends? Would you want to be friends with someone who thinks its OK to try and embarass them in a public place? I wouldn't, and I don't care what the issue is.

A friend that does that, isn't much of a friend at all.

She did say that, due to the event, they aren't BFF's anymore.

I agree that changing a diaper - regardless of what was in it - on a restaurant table is gross, but I don't think that it's worth ruining a friendship over.

My guess is that the friendship was on the rocks to begin with.

Ok, and why are they no longer friends? Would you want to be friends with someone who thinks its OK to try and embarass them in a public place? I wouldn't, and I don't care what the issue is.

She didn't TRY to embarass her. As a matter of fact...PP said she TRIED to discreetly tell her that changing the baby there was a bad idea.

I don't know about petty. He is not a big Disney person and usually just sits and people watches while I do the shows. This time grandson and I did the shows. At the time my husband saw this he was sitting and people watching while grandson was asleep in his stroller and I was off watching the show at the castle. What strikes him can be small things as we go several times a year. We will be back in March for my birthday.

Yes, my husband does tend to focus on the negatives of the world. That is just him and after almost 37 years I don't think I can change him. I love him in spite of it.

Perhaps he isn't focusing on it but just remembering it. Several trips ago I remember being on the Boardwalk and outside the Bakery OR the pizza place (can't remember which), I saw a man sitting with his feet up on the table.
That totally grossed me out since those shoes have been everywhere, in every bathroom etc. --just nasty.

The lady was going to change a diaper a dinner table. That's sickening whether at home in private or out in public. I suppose if I lost a friend over that, well, so be it. It was the friend's choice, if she could not understand how Minky felt about her actions then that's her problem.

She did say that, due to the event, they aren't BFF's anymore.

I agree that changing a diaper - regardless of what was in it - on a restaurant table is gross, but I don't think that it's worth ruining a friendship over.

My guess is that the friendship was on the rocks to begin with.

This.

Would you want to be friends with someone who was so selfish and self-centered as to change a poopy diaper on the restaurant table you are trying to eat on. I wouldn't.

Would you want to be friends with someone who was so selfish and self-centered as to change a poopy diaper on the restaurant table you are trying to eat on. I wouldn't.

Exactly...and the PP DID try to QUIETLY tell her not to do it. Its not like the friend wasn't "warned". She was going to do it no matter how her company(ie. the person she was with...not household company) felt about it. NOT TO MENTION the restaurant patrons.

I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who sees something they don't like, and to get their way, would loudly embarass me in public. Seems rather childish if you ask me.

Having said that, of course its nasty as all heck to change your kids diaper at a dining table. But if this is your BEST FRIEND FOREVER, you #1 know the type of person she is, and know that they would do something like this, and #2, you let certain things slide because they are your BEST FRIEND FOREVER. And by slide, I mean you don't embarass them infront of a room full of people.

I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who sees something they don't like, and to get their way, would loudly embarass me in public. Seems rather childish if you ask me.

Having said that, of course its nasty as all heck to change your kids diaper at a dining table. But if this is your BEST FRIEND FOREVER, you #1 know the type of person she is, and know that they would do something like this, and #2, you let certain things slide because they are your BEST FRIEND FOREVER. And by slide, I mean you don't embarass them infront of a room full of people.

It goes both ways though...PP, probably would have been JUST AS embarrassed had her friend changed the baby there no?

I'm a good enough friend that I don't let stupidity slide.

Friendship isn't an excuse to ignore dumb behavior.

Minky's friend's embarrassment is on her, not Minky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter