• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SAB and magic bands

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Will there still be room cards, or do SAB CMs have something to read magic bands?

Good question! I'd like to know how this will work with SAB too. I'm guessing that during the testing phase since guests are getting the KTTW as a back up to the magic bands they are still using the room keys as access. We are staying there in May. Wonder how access will work once magic bands are fully rolled out.

Will there still be room cards, or do SAB CMs have something to read magic bands?

Good question! I'd like to know how this will work with SAB too. I'm guessing that during the testing phase since guests are getting the KTTW as a back up to the magic bands they are still using the room keys as access. We are staying there in May. Wonder how access will work once magic bands are fully rolled out.

I was there in mid August and took part in the test. We got MBs and KTTW cards. We were told that the pool was the only area where it wouldn't work. That being said, there was a sign near the pool entrances that stated that the pool was for resort guests only and that you must show a valid room key OR an active magic band. The CM checked room keys but said that at some point they will be able to just scan the magic bands instead.

HTH!
Enjoy your trips!

:beach:

I was hoping there would be key cards and MB! DSis gets there mid morning, I don't arrive until 2-3. I have the MBs, no time to mail them to her.

We'll see how it plays out!

Bobbi:goodvibes

I was hoping there would be key cards and MB! DSis gets there mid morning, I don't arrive until 2-3. I have the MBs, no time to mail them to her.

I am fairly certain everyone will still be getting a KTTW card while the testing is still going on, and maybe even once it is fully rolled out but still has some kinks and what not.

You can have both, magic bands are not required. If you have both active, they both point to your account.

Eventually there will be a scanner post at the pool entrance.

In a couple of years, it wouldn't surprise me if Disney charges for the bands once people feel that they can live without them. :goodvibes

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter