s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really a board game lover, but I did check out , and watch the entire video :) Wow, looks like a lot of time and effort went into the making of both the game and the video. Great job! I hope you don't mind my one 'critique'..the 'voiceover' sounded a little cheesy to me, not really pirate like, lol!

I wish you success with your patent and in getting the game marketed, if that's your intent!

Thanks for sharing it with the DIS!

I'm not really a board game lover, but I did check out , and watch the entire video :) Wow, looks like a lot of time and effort went into the making of both the game and the video. Great job! I hope you don't mind my one 'critique'..the 'voiceover' sounded a little cheesy to me, not really pirate like, lol!

I wish you success with your patent and in getting the game marketed, if that's your intent!

Thanks for sharing it with the DIS!

s

I watched the entire thing too. Sounds like a great premise. Are all the props you showed actually in the game or are they cards in the game ( a shrunken head card). I got distracted during that part.

Game sounds fun with lots if twists and turns. I wonder if the commercial has too much game rule info in it. Maybe that's better if you are presenting it to a company for production. For a regular commercial, room inch info for my mind.

Great job!

I watched the entire thing too. Sounds like a great premise. Are all the props you showed actually in the game or are they cards in the game ( a shrunken head card). I got distracted during that part.

Game sounds fun with lots if twists and turns. I wonder if the commercial has too much game rule info in it. Maybe that's better if you are presenting it to a company for production. For a regular commercial, room inch info for my mind.

Great job!

Thank you so much, yes that is not meant for TV, a TV version would be much shorter, that is meant for executives to have the game explained in detail to them. Yes!! The pieces are all included. Those are prototype pieces so the mass manufactured pieces would be primarily painted plastic and metal. But yes the intent is that the pieces shown in the video come with the game and are all in the false bottom to the treasure chest. Argh matie pirate:

Finally finished my board game that I told some of you about a while back. Tell me what you think of the video I did for it. Its called Pyrat Lord, its pirate themed for those of you who didn't remember. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5qoPXxuDqg

I showed this to DH who is very much a board game guy and LOVES Pirates.

He really liked it and said "where can I get this". So I think you have a great start.

I not the game board person had a few questions. I did not see anything that told me it was the "game board" DH said some games don't have an actual board?

You told about the pieces but did not tell how to move about the board. How many people are needed to play the game?

Is this also a video game? I saw a couple of clips of ships moving in the ocean and don't know if that is included in the game.

The last question is what is the price point?

I showed this to DH who is very much a board game guy and LOVES Pirates.

He really liked it and said "where can I get this". So I think you have a great start.

I not the game board person had a few questions. I did not see anything that told me it was the "game board" DH said some games don't have an actual board?

You told about the pieces but did not tell how to move about the board. How many people are needed to play the game?

Is this also a video game? I saw a couple of clips of ships moving in the ocean and don't know if that is included in the game.

The last question is what is the price point?

s

Thank you, well hopefully it will be available soon. I am in the early stages, next step is to get a Toy/Game agent that will take it to the big game companies that have the contacts and such that do licensing for a living. So preparing the packages to send to several of these agents. They are listed on like Hasbro and the big game companies as agents they will deal with.

Yes it is a board game. The prototype board is pictured throughout the video, but without the grid on it. That is the prototype, the actual board will have a grid on it, but I used the prototype for the video since it has fake water on it and is very shiny and glistens like real water.

I have no idea as to the price point at this stage, I will leave that up to the manufacturer. I am guessing we will keep it below $50, like maybe $35 ish. but we'll see.

Oh and its intended for 2 players, but up to 4 can play in 2 teams.

Cool. I am sending good thoughts your way that it is a very smooth path to getting your patent and getting it to market. I imagine about a year to market?

Let us know when you get it all done. DH will buy it for sure. pirate: pirate:

Good luck to you! It's obvious you put a lot of work into it and, while it's not my thing, I know several people who I think would like it.

I would do the pirate voice at the very beginning of the video, but then switch to normal voice because the piratey one after a while feels a little annoying - nothing wrong with the voice, it's just too much.

Also, when you're going through all the things that will be in the box, I think you should do something (and I really don't know what) to break this up. I can easily see their attention drifting at this point.

And, this may be just me, but I really dislike unorthodox spellings (Syfy ? :sad2:). Pirate Lord (I think it was Pyrat Lord, correct?) is so much more appealing to me.

Good luck to you! It's obvious you put a lot of work into it and, while it's not my thing, I know several people who I think would like it.

I would do the pirate voice at the very beginning of the video, but then switch to normal voice because the piratey one after a while feels a little annoying - nothing wrong with the voice, it's just too much.

Also, when you're going through all the things that will be in the box, I think you should do something (and I really don't know what) to break this up. I can easily see their attention drifting at this point.

And, this may be just me, but I really dislike unorthodox spellings (Syfy ? :sad2:). Pirate Lord (I think it was Pyrat Lord, correct?) is so much more appealing to me.

s

Wow, you're an actor too? That was some movie you wrote/produced/starred in. Now that you're a single Dad I'm glad you moved on from that "period" you mentioned.

Wow he could be your double! And the movie I saw only had one actor in it, the rest was some kind of animation?

Wow he could be your double! And the movie I saw only had one actor in it, the rest was some kind of animation?

I didn't see the same thing - weird. Did your's have a flash of a naked male torso? Forgot to mention OP, that part was a little weird.

I figured the "pirate" was you because he seemed to have the same chin. lol Not that I stare at your chin, OP.

I didn't see the same thing - weird. Did your's have a flash of a naked male torso? Forgot to mention OP, that part was a little weird.

I figured the "pirate" was you because he seemed to have the same chin. lol Not that I stare at your chin, OP.

I'm not talking about the pirate video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter