????'s with online reservations

disney1474

DIS Veteran
At either the 7 or 11 month mark, what time does the online system let you make your reservations?

thanks....another question... we will have made our 11 month reservations already so can I then change it at the 7 month mark online or do I have to call for this?

It is my understanding that unless you have enough points to book the new reservation online if it is available, you will need to call and cancel in order to free up the needed points. I think they basically just cancel and re-book you, it's not so much that they change the reservation. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm not understanding this right.

It is my understanding that unless you have enough points to book the new reservation online if it is available, you will need to call and cancel in order to free up the needed points. I think they basically just cancel and re-book you, it's not so much that they change the reservation. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm not understanding this right.

You can cancel on line (under the Vacation Center tab) and then book your new reservation. You run the risk of losing your old reservation and not getting your new one if you're not quick enough.

It's probably safer to do over the phone, since MS supervisors can make it work so you don't lose both reservations!

You can cancel on line (under the Vacation Center tab) and then book your new reservation. You run the risk of losing your old reservation and not getting your new one if you're not quick enough.

It's probably safer to do over the phone, since MS supervisors can make it work so you don't lose both reservations!

Oh that would definitely make me very nervous. So if you have MS do it for you, they can hold onto the old reservation while booking the new one? That sounds like the safest bet.

thanks....another question... we will have made our 11 month reservations already so can I then change it at the 7 month mark online or do I have to call for this?

You can cancel and re-book all online, but if you are making changes (not wanting to cancel 100%), I think I'd just call over to MS to ensure you end up with everything you want!

You can cancel and re-book all online, but if you are making changes (not wanting to cancel 100%), I think I'd just call over to MS to ensure you end up with everything you want!

We have 8 nights booked at AKV and want to try to switch the whole reservation to BCV. I'd like to try and do this online since it gives me an extra hour head start. Otherwise I would have to wait until 9am when MS opens.

We have 8 nights booked at AKV and want to try to switch the whole reservation to BCV. I'd like to try and do this online since it gives me an extra hour head start. Otherwise I would have to wait until 9am when MS opens.

I have the same concern.. but after speaking with Member services today, I canceled my reservation and will try booking only at 8am..
They told me there was plenty of availability at AKV (Kidani) for X-mas week...
Not sure when you want to go to BCV - but I can tell you there are no studios open X-mas week :( :santa: But there was a one bedroom open when I looked!

OP, thanks for starting this thread! I was wondering what time you could start booking online as well. Last night I was playing around trying to see if I could see any availability for the week between Xmas and NYE. It looked OK for AKV and for some of the others but not BC, BLT or BW.
I hope we are able to get what we want. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter