• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

S.S. Member Cruise Question

tlynk

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking about booking the 3 night member cruise in 2013. What are the differences between sailing on a regular 3 night cruise vs. the S.S. Member cruise? I'm wondering if there are extra perks?

Thank you!!:)

I'm thinking about booking the 3 night member cruise in 2013. What are the differences between sailing on a regular 3 night cruise vs. the S.S. Member cruise? I'm wondering if there are extra perks?

Thank you!!:)

No extra perks, maybe an extra gift in your stateroom.

I would recommend the 4 day over the 3 day. The biggest reason is the time of year and weather. The September weather will be fantastic and more importantly, the ocean water is a lot warmer.

No extra perks, maybe an extra gift in your stateroom.

I would recommend the 4 day over the 3 day. The biggest reason is the time of year and weather. The September weather will be fantastic and more importantly, the ocean water is a lot warmer.

Thank you for your quick reply! :) Since I'm not fond of 3 night cruises (too short), maybe I'll look into booking the Fantasy for a 7 night cruise instead. I was considering the S.S. Member cruise in September, but I won't have enough vacation time.

Thank you again! :goodvibes

Thank you for your quick reply! :) Since I'm not fond of 3 night cruises (too short), maybe I'll look into booking the Fantasy for a 7 night cruise instead. I was considering the S.S. Member cruise in September, but I won't have enough vacation time.

Thank you again! :goodvibes

I agree about the 3 day being to short. We did the 2011 SSMC and 4 days worked much better.

I loved sailing on The Dream, but was disappointed with the Member cruise portion. For the cost of the 2012 SSMC, you could probably almost get a 7 day cruise.

Also, I much prefer warm water on my trips. Our very first cruise was at the end of February. I was so excited, going to Nassau and private island. The air temperature was nice, but that water temperature was freezing!! It took me 2 hours to go in the water to just over my knee caps.

The colder water temps is what's keeping me off that January MC! I go on cruises to snorkel and swim and last November it was just OK in CC for us. I've been on 2 DCL November cruises, and that's as late in the year weatherwise that I'm willing to risk. I figure the waters would be warm enough in April or May, not January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter