S/P/D or Free Dining for January 2015

Oh cool!! We live about 2 hours away from Charleston and will sometimes go for the day! Very nice!

Hey does anyone remember the minimum number of nights you have to stay in order to get the deal of FD or SPD? Contemplating a split stay but want to know the minimum number of nights?

Last year it was $600 off deluxes and moderates and $400 off values when you booked a magic your way package plus dining.

???

The amount of the S/P/D discount depends on how many park days you purchase, how many nights you stay (and thus how many days of dining you purchase), and how many people are in your party (and how many of them are Disney adults).

???

The amount of the S/P/D discount depends on how many park days you purchase, how many nights you stay (and thus how many days of dining you purchase), and how many people are in your party (and how many of them are Disney adults).

I guess you are right. The $600 and $400 were the numbers Disney advertised, but I guess that was for their specific example.

I am trying to talk my hubby into returning this year, not sure why he hasn't been bitten by that Disney bug, but I need to have some numbers in order to do so. Can anyone tell me how to figure the s/p/d discount?

I am getting my discounts screwed up. It is not the same as adults for childs price correct? TIA!

I am trying to talk my hubby into returning this year, not sure why he hasn't been bitten by that Disney bug, but I need to have some numbers in order to do so. Can anyone tell me how to figure the s/p/d discount?

I am getting my discounts screwed up. It is not the same as adults for childs price correct? TIA!

I'd be glad to find out otherwise, but I don't think there was any definitive 100% accurate calculation of last year's stay/play/dine discount.

I'd advise the rough way to estimate is to use hotel rack rate, child price for all tickets (adults or children) and child price for all dining plans (adults or children). Using that method last year, my estimate was close enough (within $50) of the actual price of my S/P/D package.

I'd be glad to find out otherwise, but I don't think there was any definitive 100% accurate calculation of last year's stay/play/dine discount.

I'd advise the rough way to estimate is to use hotel rack rate, ticket full price, but with the child price for all dining plans (adults or children). Using that method last year, my estimate was close enough (within $50) of the actual price of my S/P/D package.

ok, that makes sense. BUT, if staying value...do you have to pay the upgrade fee for adult from child? I thought I had read that somewhere on the boards i.e. if staying AoA and wanting reg dining plan, you pay the difference in the price for the adults?

ok, that makes sense. BUT, if staying value...do you have to pay the upgrade fee for adult from child? I thought I had read that somewhere on the boards i.e. if staying AoA and wanting reg dining plan, you pay the difference in the price for the adults?

You do for adults. Kids are priced as kids so it'd be the difference in their plans.

The upgrade cost is the same as FD. The only difference is the original plan isn't free.

The current promotion ends tomorrow, right? How soon do you think we will see a new one?

Reservation system is currently down. I've found that usually means they are updating the system with new offers, etc. *fingers crossed*

UGH, the wait is killing me. We're going either way and currently have a room booked at POR, but I still feel like it's all "tentative". We'll switch resorts if POR isn't included and we don't have park hoppers yet so that's why it doesn't quite feel real to me. I know I'm not alone in the anticipation.

Definitely not alone, eeyoreland!!

We haven't even booked yet, so I'm on pins and needles here, lol. We were waiting for a house we inherited to sell before booking anything, and closing was just last week. So now we're ready to book, but it seems more sensible at this late date to just wait an extra day or week to see what discounts there are.

This will be the first trip to WDW for my dh and both of our boys (I've only been twice), so the wait is definitely killing me! I have my heart set on staying at WL, because I think dh will fall in love with that place and will be more likely to agree to go back in a few years, so I really hope it's included in whatever discount is offered :)

Subbing....waiting as well. Hoping for PSD (or anything else for that matter). Booked originally at AoA but then changed resorts since AoA doesn't seem to see discounts for standard rooms. Paid off ressie but didn't add dining yet...waiting to see what comes out, if anything.

From Ohio too. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter