S/O What's the best event/performance seat you've gotten?

Front row for Bon Jovi. Jon grabbed my hand and sang to me for 3-5 seconds. I was 35, but as giddy as a schoolgirl! Lol!

I've had seats at Wrigley Field right next to the dugout. Also had front row pit for my first Fall Out Boy concert in middle school.

Just had 5th row tickets for the first weekend of march madness.

When my city hosted the PGA Championship, I went on the last day and bopped around to various spots. Ended up right behind someone (famous, but I'm not a golf fan) who hit off the course and I had to dodge the TV cameras.

I have been on several music cruises and with some planning, you can get right up front for most shows. Even had dinner with my favorite band one time.

I had stage tickets for Spring Awakening and that was amazing. At one point an actor was right next to me, holding a book, and it's a very dramatic/tense moment in the show. All I could think was that I could reach out, slap the book out of his hand, and mess up the whole show.

Court side seats for the Orlando Magic vs Cleveland Cavaliers for Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals in May 2009. Sat next to Tiger Woods.

We've had other great seats for sporting events, Broadway, concerts, but nothing topped that basketball game. :)

I forgot to add, I saw Rent on Broadway with the original cast with my college theater group and we got to meet the cast afterwards at a meet and greet q&a. Then we took some pics with the cast.

I've been pretty lucky with seats several times. Last summer my sister, DS8 and I had front row for my favorite band, Barenaked Ladies. It was my DS's first concert ever so I told him not to get used to those kinds of seats. I've also been front row for Rage Against the Machine many many years ago at a small club in DC. I was 18 at the time and it was definitely one of my favorite performances.
I love, love, love baseball and I'm always striving for closer and better seats but I'm also really happy to just be there. I've had first row right behind the ball boy, 3 or 4 rows behind our dugout and 10 rows behind homeplate at Camden Yards. We also have a pretty fun minor league system in our area so we've had second row right behind the off day pitchers that are watching stats or 2 seats over from the owners mom. That was pretty cool because the owner is a local boy but he's a baseball HOFer, his mom just gushed over my 2 month old at the time.

I had great seats for many concerts including Garth Brooks, Brooks and Dunn, Bryan White, and more. Like first 10 rows or so for all of them. Also got really close to the stage to see Halestorm and Dorothy, but those were not really seats as it was general admission. Still was amazing how good of a spot I got.

Now, the best seats I wasn't able to actually use? Well, I still won't let my dad live it down. Second Row behind the bench at a Chicago Bulls game during their '97 season. So the Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Kerr, Kukoc, Jackson, ect era. And I was a HUGE Bulls fan, watched every single game, recorded them all, and kept a notebook of stats. I mean HUGE fan. My friend and her family had tickets and someone couldn't go so she invited me. My dad said no (mom was for it) because he didn't want me heading into the city for the game. I was crushed! I may have been able to steal a towel! *cries*

My dad also kept me from seeing STOMP! when it played in Chicago....

My dad said no (mom was for it) because he didn't want me heading into the city for the game. I was crushed! I may have been able to steal a towel! *cries*

My dad also kept me from seeing STOMP! when it played in Chicago....

Your story reminds me of my first year at WIU. I grew up in Springfield, and going to Chicago was a rare treat. But most of the kids at Western were from the Chicago area. I'd make new friends from Chicagoland and say something like, "Wow, it must have been nice growing up so close to Chicago. Museums blah blah blah food blah blah Cubs yada yada." And they'd say, "Yeah, I went to my dad's office one day when I was 12, haven't been to the city since." Blew my damn mind it did.

Bolding mine. What does this mean?

Sorry, it means something that one couldn't buy in the host country's marketplace, either because it wasn't sold in that country or because it was prohibitively expensive. I don't remember off the top of my head what we gave her, but I think one of the things she liked that she couldn't buy in England was Jif peanut butter. It's probably not an issue now, but it was 30+ years ago.

Queen Colleen

I won a trip to London in 1990. Included in the trip besides airfare and hotel, were tickets to three plays. We turned in those tickets in exchange for tickets to see Les Miz, second row centre. Fantastic seats! We also saw Cats on that trip, almost last row, but it was a round theatre, and still good seats. A couple of years later Les Miz came to our city and we got tickets for us and our teen daughters. The youngest did NOT want to go. There were tears. She didn't want to go somewhere with her parents I guess. We made her go and she thanked us afterwards.

Oh, almost forgot this one. Center stage, 2nd row for Movin Out (Billy Joel inspired musical). Just close enough to ALMOST get hit by the dancers' sweat LOL.
I had a couple rows back, front and center for the same show. Absolutely amazing show!

I forgot about the time I went to see Cirque du Soleil's Mystère at Treasure Island in Las Vegas back in the mid 90s. I was there for the Comdex computer convention and was sent there by my employer just to look around. Back then, all seats were the same price except maybe for discounts or comps. I think it was less than $60. I called I in and the best seat was 2nd row.

I'd seen a couple of their traveling shows before and knew about the possibility of audience participation, but was hoping I wouldn't be picked for anything. One group of performers in full body makeup came into the crowd and one went past me while balancing on an armrest. He had brutal, nasty body odor. Another performer came into the crowd looking for a mark to bring on stage. He actually came up to me, rubbed my hair, said "nah", then moved on before finding someone to bring on stage. He was looking for the male half of a couple.

I've been to a few Memphis Grizzlies games in a sky box. Also, the Liberty Bowl sky box seats I got through the company. In the box though it's less about the game and more about the FOOD!

I've been to a few Memphis Grizzlies games in a sky box. Also, the Liberty Bowl sky box seats I got through the company. In the box though it's less about the game and more about the FOOD!

I've been in a few boxes before, although I didn't like being that far from the action. Maybe a Warriors game in 2007. I even got VIP parking. We got it through a company investor as a perk, since he leased the box for a whole year. Our work admin was there and ordered the food. She was telling everyone that it cost a small fortune, so eat it and don't waste it.

I've been to a few others, like Candlestick Park for the Giants, where's being indoors was preferable because of the wind. One relative was a travel agent and got luxury box tickets from event or team sponsors. Malaysian Airlines sponsored an ATP tennis tournament in San Jose and I got various tickets for the week and weekend. I worked nearby, so it was pretty convenient. The tournament had a few top 10 players including Andre Aggasi, Michael Chang, and Gustavo Kuerten. I liked the lower bowl seats about 10th row, which was just about perfect. While I was in the suite I thanked the sponsor rep and said that I liked it earlier that week sitting lower. She got me the ticket and I watched the rest of the night down there. Northwest Airlines sponsored the Raiders for a few years, and my relative got me a box for one game. That was actually quite nice. Football is a game where seeing more of the field might give a better perspective.

Last Sunday, had tickets to see Garth Brooks from row 17 of the 100 level. Not terrible. Before the show, came out of the ladies room with my friend to be greeted by a roadie from Garth's crew. Roadie presented us with ROW ONE SMACK CENTER tickets. I can't even describe the concert that followed. I just looked up his nose and kept touching his boots. It was nuts.

I was similarly lucky to see Bon Jovi from the 3rd row a few years back. Also...amazing.

I go to many concerts and most are smaller, general admission shows. For those I am almost always up front, but that's not luck, it's just earned :)

I have had some amazing seats for several Broadway touring shows and one on Broadway, as well as a couple of concerts, but the most impactful to me was the front row pit seats we had for Billy Crystals 700 Sundays. I was just in awe to be so close to him and the show was just amazing!

Front row seats for Elton John - Million Dollar Piano. Got to stand on stage next to the piano for Saturday Nights Alright for Fighting. Also got a handshake (for my DS) and high five (for me and DD) from him after the concert. John Mahon (percussionist) threw my DS a drumstick after the concert also.

Other one was front row for Elton John and Band at Staples Center, Los Angeles. Got to stand at the edge of the stage for the last few songs and Elton signed our program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter