S/D & SoG to be added to Magic bands !

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
I called WDW info today.
We love the Dolphin - but were afraid in 2015, we would have "paper" tickets and not Magic Bands.

WDW info said :thumbsup2 , S/D & SoG guests will have Magic Bands and FP+ options in 2015 ! :dance3:

Such good new for us.
I had to share ;)

I called WDW info today.
We love the Dolphin - but were afraid in 2015, we would have "paper" tickets and not Magic Bands.

WDW info said :thumbsup2 , S/D & SoG guests will have Magic Bands and FP+ options in 2015 ! :dance3:

Such good new for us.
I had to share ;)

Oh I do hope this is true! Won't stay at SOG until all this gets figured out!LOL!

I called WDW info today. We love the Dolphin - but were afraid in 2015, we would have "paper" tickets and not Magic Bands. WDW info said :thumbsup2 , S/D & SoG guests will have Magic Bands and FP+ options in 2015 ! :dance3: Such good new for us. I had to share ;)
well I know swan and dolphin were the first off site resorts to allow FP+ booking but only day of and at a kiosk so I don't think many actually took advantage of this. I think swan and dolphin guests should be able to get this option as essentially they are on site but not technically.

Supposedly AP Holders will be getting Magic Bands and the rumor is offsite too, except they may have to pay for it.

We were considering stay at SOG this summer but decided on a disney resort since SOG didn't have magicbands and FastPass+ (along with other reasons), but if SOG adds this options we will probably stay there in 2015 (we've stayed there in the past as well).

Supposedly AP Holders will be getting Magic Bands and the rumor is offsite too, except they may have to pay for it.
yes if you stay at an off site hotel you will have to pay for but there may be exceptions for places like Swan and Dolphin

I hope this is true... I don't think the SOG should be left out of anything... Military and all... :rolleyes: So in the meantime if they take out the fastpass stations the SOG is left out?:confused3

If S/D was the first resort to test the new FP+, why would Disney exclude them from participating once they rolled it out? :confused3

TC :cool1:

I hope this is true... I don't think the SOG should be left out of anything... Military and all... :rolleyes: So in the meantime if they take out the fastpass stations the SOG is left out?:confused3

they can still use their tickets to book fastpass in the parks.

If S/D was the first resort to test the new FP+, why would Disney exclude them from participating once they rolled it out?

They didn't have the same test as the Disney-owned resorts. S/D guests were able to book fastpass plus upon entering the parks (without magic bands). At this point, any guest who is not staying at a Disney-owned resort can do that. But they haven't given S/D anything beyond that yet - like magic bands, or booking FP+ before arriving at the parks.

I called WDW info today.

Such good new for us.
I had to share ;)

Any updates on this? I emailed Disney on this & they said that there is nothing annouced- does that mean that something will be annouced, or does that mean that it just isn't going to be?

Hoping something is annouced for January 2015! :)

If they want it they will have to pay for it. It doesn't look like they have been able to agree on a price yet.

I called WDW info today.

Such good new for us.
I had to share ;)

The only thing missing will be the Magical Express! :thumbsup2

Seriously, that's the only reason we never stay there.

EDIT: I did not hear any info about ME. It's wishful thinking.

The only thing missing will be the Magical Express! :thumbsup2

Seriously, that's the only reason we never stay there.

Awesome! Where did you find this info? :confused3

Sorry, I'm just a planner and I like to find out as much info before hand as I can.

I think we can handle not having Magical Express; but I would LOVE to get the magic bands :woohoo::love:

I got no information... I'm just wishing and dreaming!! :sad1:

I've tried Mears, they're ok but it's not like the Magical Express.

I called WDW info today.

Such good new for us.
I had to share ;)

This is awesome news!!! :banana:We are staying @SOG April 2015. I had heard this was in the works, and I was hoping that it would happen soon. Thanks for sharing!

Note that the original post was dated 1-21-14, 7 1/2 months ago.
I was thinking the same thing. This information is pretty outdated.

S/D guests are treated as on-site for FP+ purposes (60 days in advance). They can elect to purchase magic bands, or may simply use their RFID tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter