S/D ressies on SPG points? Has anyone done this? (m)

NotUrsula

DIS Veteran
We just broke 40K points on our SPG account, and we want to use them for the 5/4 deal at the Swan. Has anyone done this already? We don't have airfare nailed down yet, but we think we have the dates; if I want to give myself a day's wiggle room, do they allow cancellations? Do the points get taken from the account when the ressie is made, or when you arrive? Anything else I should know?

Hi NotUrsula,

I hope I am telling you correct, this was my experience anyway.

40,000 points would acquire you 4 nights at the Dolphin. (10,000 per night). Simply call SPG to make your reservations. My experience was they took the points then and there, and you will have confirmation of this on your online spg account. I also had to change dates and they just moved the reservation without any hassle. Some of you other options are as follows. If you are staying more than 4 nights you can do cash and points to stretch you points more. $60 per night + 4000 points. I also am doing something I have never done before. We are arriving late the first night, so instead of using 10,000 points at the Dolphin, I am using 3,000 at the Sheraton Safari and then taking a cab over to the Dolphin in the morning.

Good luck and hope I gave you accurate info, but it is my understanding from my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter