S/D discount ??

cinder1

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I have a fairly simple question about the nurses discount at S/D. What type of identification/documentation do you need at checkin? My MIL is a nurse and plans to meet us in Jan at WDW and I want to be sure the info I give her is accurate.

Thanks for the help.

Here is a list of all the discounts available at the Swan/Dolphin and the documentation needed at check in. This list is taken from the www.dreamsunimitedtravel.com website Your MIL is going to love the S/D!

<b>Annual Passholder Discount</b>
Those eligible would be clients that have a valid on date of arrival Disney Annual or Premium Annual pass. You must present the pass at check-in to qualify for the discounted rate. Please note that proof of eligibility is required to receive any discount. Failure to produce such proof at check-in will result in hotel charging the full, regular rate for that room.

<b>Disney Club Member </b>
Those eligible would be clients that have a valid on date of arrival membership. Please note that proof of eligibility is required to receive any discount. Failure to produce such proof at check-in will result in hotel charging the full, regular rate for that room.

<b>Entertainment Club Membership</b>
Those eligible would be clients that have a valid on date of arrival membership. Any membership from any market area is eligible for the discount. Please note that proof of membership is required to receive any discount. Failure to produce such proof by showing Membership Card at check-in will result in hotel charging the full, regular rate for that room.

<b>Teacher and Education Support Staff Discount</b>
All teachers and educational facility administrative personnel (includes colleges and universities) can take advantage of the TEACHER discounts. If you are a teacher with a certified teaching certificate, or you are employed in a school as an educational facility administrator you can take advantage of the TEACHER discounts.This would include teachers aides, substitute teachers, and administrative staff. These job types will require a Work ID or letter from supervisor on company letterhead stating employment or a recent Pay Stub.

<b>Nurses and LPN Nurses</b>
All nurses and LPN Nurses can take advantage of the Nurses discounts. If you are a Nurse with a certified nursing certificate or you are an LPN Nurses with a LPN certificate you can take advantage of the Nurses discounts.

<b>Government Discounts</b>
Those eligible would be clients that work for the government, whether it is national, State or local government. This includes firemen, police, and any other branch of the government national, state or local. It also includes foreign governments as well. Clients must have a valid government id or will you will require a Letter on official stationary from the supervisor along with a recent pay stub. You must present the id at check-in to qualify for the discounted rate. Please note that proof of eligibility is required to receive any discount. Failure to produce such proof at check-in will result in hotel charging the full, regular rate for that room.

<b>Military Discounts</b>
For the military you can be active, in the reserves, or retired to qualify for the military discount. It also includes foreign military as well. Clients must have a valid government id or you will require a Letter on official stationary from the supervisor along with a recent pay stub. You must present the id at check-in to qualify for the discounted rate. Please note that proof of eligibility is required to receive any discount. Failure to produce such proof at check-in will result in hotel charging the full, regular rate for that room.

I took my nursing license ID card in June 2001, and although they didn't ask for it, when I asked if that was what they needed to see, the desk clerk said, "Yes." I plan on taking the same thing with me next June.

Thanks for the great info. My only other question: does she need a photo id too (eg, drivers license)? I don't think her photo is on her license.

Thanks for the info...I'll be taking advantage of the nurses' discount in February.:hyper:

I am a nurse with a nursing license but have been inactive and have not worked as a nurse in a while. Do you have to be currently employed a RN or just show your nursing license? Does an inactive license count? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter