S/D already sold out Jan 23rd - 29th 2004

I called S/D for 2 different times, one in eary Nov. and one in early March 2004 and both had 3 or 4 of the dates I wanted already sold out. The CM explained to me that normally meant a convention and chances of things opening up weren't very good.

I had the same thing happen to me for late September of this year: called several times only to be told there was a "big convention" and I could only get 3 nights of our 9 night stay (at the gov't rate we were looking for). I just kept calling (once or twice per week), and lo and behold.....all my additional dates opened up at the Dolphin at the rate we wanted! They must have released unbooked convention rooms.

Moral of the story is: just keep trying!!

My experience with conventions has been that groups reserve huge blocks of rooms, even if they all won't be used. There is usually a deadline for reservations and then unbooked rooms will be released.

I just checked reservations at swandolphin.com and found availability at the Dolphin for your dates, but at rack rate...

FYI - the standard for conventions meeting and confirming their room block is one month before arrival. At that point reservations usually washes the rest of the unused block back into the available bank. Most Conventions also have the ability to reduce their room block without penalty at about 60 days out but only a certain agreed upon percentage (at time of contract signing). I would keep trying - rooms always seem to open up when reservation washes the block for conventions. YOu might get lucky.....

My guess would be the $100 - $150 price difference between S&D and the other Epcot resorts.

steve

We are going that week because my dh has the Lotusphere conference that week. The conference is actually at the S/D and they do reserve a block of rooms.

I was trying to book a room on my own for that same week because the *special* rate is never that special . :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter