?'s about where to stay

dalepool

<font color=#000080>Member of Poopie's AK mini-mee
Help----I'm not sure on where to stay---:smooth:
1. Sheraton
2. Anaheim Hilton and Towers
3. Fairfield Inn ( marriott):confused: :confused:

I need help---Do the shuttles run on schedule? Are they dependable and handicapped asssessible.
Would the Fairfield be better because it's accross the street from the main entrance.
Is there more than one entrance to Disneyland?
What about Down town Disney and California Adventure?
thanks in advance Patty

:bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :jester:

The times we've stayed at the Marriott I noticed 'most' not all the busses were the same and had lifts. I recall reading the city is getting new busses which are lower as well. A few times during peak demand they brought in large busses which were the standard greyhound style... and no ramps, but I would imagine they would call for an appropriate bus if needed. Busses run usually twice per hour at the Marriott, though more during peak times. We found them okay, though a bit packed at times. The busses all drop off/pick up at one location near Disneyland though its the same walk to DCA. I've not stayed at the hotels you listed, though there is a plus to being across the street - no bus issues to deal with and most Fairfields I've stayed at are nice hotels.

We stayed in the Anaheim Fairfield Inn in May (me, DH, DS(8), DD(9)). It was so convenient being right across the street. We never used the shuttle and just walked everywhere, so I can't answer any questions about the shuttle.

The hotel was nice. Different from the usual Fairfield Inn as it was bought by Marriot from another hotelier. The rooms were big enough for the four of us. Our room was very clean. The only thing my husband complained about was that the shower head was so low that he had to duck under the water (and he's not all that tall at 6 foot).

Millie's restaurant located in front of the hotel is excellent, with great food, good proces and good service. We ate every morning there except the morning of our character breakfast, and had a couple of lunches there. It's best to avoid the restaurant right after the parks close as that place gets jammed!

Would I stay there again? Probably not. We visited the Disney Hotels and plan on staying in one of those. Not that we have anything against the Fairfield Inn (we did enjoy our stay), we just want to stay on Disney property.

Thank you for your reply-----I'm now leaning more to the sheraton even with the shuttles. I was able to get the Le Club level for a steal of a deal 110.00 per night. The shuttle has me worried though. Walking to Disneyland would be nice---but the walk home after might be a drag. Thanks again:bounce: :pinkbounc :jester: :smooth: Patty

Dalepool,

I just wanted to say that one of my friends (her BF used to work for Sheraton) stayed at the Sheraton and she really enjoyed it there and thought the atmosphere was great.

Did you get the rate through www.themeparks.com? They had an offer for about the same rate.

Mahalo for your reply, We have a condo on O'hau and get to visit your beautiful Island a couple of times a year. I was worried about the shuttle service--do you know anything about the shuttle to and from Disney? The price is right with the Themeparks.com special. I hope we are treated just the same as other reservations. How about the Le Club level of service what can I expect? Mahalo in advance Patty:jester: :confused: :bounce: :pinkbounc :) :D :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!