• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

?s about Fl residents tickets

Jenny Wren

Mouseketeer
A friend of mine told me that she has a friend that invited her down to stay with her in Orlando. She said she can get FL residents tickets to Disney. Would my friend be able to use them??? I thought I read on here somewhere before that you cant do that. Thanks!

My understanding is she can get FL resident tickets -- for herself and any other FL resident.
But I would think the person actually receiving the ticket is going to have to show proof of FL residency also.
However I cannot speak from personal experience.

So being she resides in Fl she will be able to purchase the tickets. What about other non-residents that visit? Will they be able to get in with FL residents tickets? She is saying that she can purchase them for both herself and the non-resident and the they can get in WITH HER as long as she shows her drivers license. This doesnt sound right to me.:confused3

First, I think you are better off askingthis on the parks board, rather than the resorts board.

This is a copy and paste from the WDW admission sticky on parks board:

Tickets Available Only to Florida Residents
Almost all MYW tickets are discounted for Florida Residents. Proof of residency is required when purchasing tickets, and upon first use. This includes the showing of a government-issued photo ID such as a Driver's License or state-issued ID card.

The Florida resident can both purchase and use Florida resident tickets with proper identification (there is a strict policy about this). Visitors who are NOT Florida residents are NOT entitled to Florida resident rates/discounts with or without being accompanied by a Florida resident.

So you are correct - non-residents will NOT be able to get in WITH HER without acceptable Florida resident identification.

Thank you, thats what I thought. I tried to tell her this but she insisted that she could as long as she went in with the FL resident and she showed her ID. If that was the case, Disney would be loosing lots of money.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter